Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Busted RC Throttle control

Scott C

Join
Feb 28, 2018
Loc
Phoenix, AZ
Flying in backyard, handed the RC to my son, who did not know I was handing him the RC.
Dropped and broke the Throttle Arm...Now I get red error after powering on and I can feel that the controller is busted inside.

Questions
1. Is it worth it to get fixed? ($119.00 on sale right now at Amazon)
2. Can I fix it? (I see a broke RC (antennas) for sale in the Classifieds)
3. Anyone had experience with other Fix-it shops besides DJI

Thanks for responding

Oh ya and I have ordered a lanyard

Scott In Phoenix

Added Email from Fortress UAV (Repair shop)

Hi Scott ,

Thank you for visiting our website.

Here at Fortress UAV, we provide quality service for our customers by our free estimate upon receipt and review of your unit. All of our repairs have a 90-day warranty. Our labors rates start at $80 per hour.

I do not know if your quote will be over $119, but it never hurts to send your unit in for a diagnostic testing and inspection for free.

If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to give me a call.
**************************************************************************************************

Personally I would just get a new one, as you never know what all was broke, I mean they could fix one thing, you get it back, and something happened to be loose, or broke, and they didn't catch it.

Flying in backyard, handed the RC to my son, who did not know I was handing him the RC.
Dropped and broke the Throttle Arm...Now I get red error after powering on and I can feel that the controller is busted inside.

Questions
1. Is it worth it to get fixed? ($119.00 on sale right now at Amazon)
2. Can I fix it? (I see a broke RC (antennas) for sale in the Classifieds)
3. Anyone had experience with other Fix-it shops besides DJI

Thanks for responding

Oh ya and I have ordered a lanyard

Scott In Phoenix
See if you could get a used RC. I bet some guys that had lost their spark would want to sell the RC

If it's not seriously damaged inside, you can try to do a remote calibration in the app. I once dropped my remote and every time I turned it on, the red light would just flash and it would beep loudly. Refusing to connect to the Spark. I really thought I broke my controller. On a whim, I decided to do a remote controller calibration in the app and it resolved my issue.

UPDATE;

It was seriously busted inside...so I ordered and received a new one. Now I have a spare to use for any more mess-ups.

Looking for a good teardown video of the RC if anyone knows of one.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
d beard