Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Best way to download "original" footage from Spark

I quite often do method 2 for a pic or two for Instagram, when I'm done flying, but the main method to transfer all especially video is using a card reader.

I. Do have higher speeds with method 2 than you have though.

Also, you can usb connect the spark to your computer..

I already read about Mircosoft ICE for stitching photos, but I think it's more convenient to have the Go4 app doing this for me. Plus, I can find the "finished" QuickShot pictures in my album in the Go4 app afterwards. I was just wondering if there's a better way to get the files off the Spark, but apparently it's not o_O
But the go4 stitched pics are of low quality...

I noticed that exported files from the dji go 4 come in 720 P. IF you want the higher resolution shots, you must go to the sd card.
Eh? When I take the files that are cached on the phone - yes.
But if I tell go4 to download from the drone, I get the same files that are on the drone.
I'll add a fourth option: Plug one end of usb cable into the Spark and the other end into PC, Laptop, or phone/tablet with OTG cable. The Spark then appears as a disk drive or folder and from there you can transfer files.

Yes I know the Spark is powered up for this, but it doesn't take long.and it's usually after I'm done for the day. The PC transfer rate runs around 15 MB/sec to my PC. This has the advantage of never taking the Spark out with no micro SD card installed.

Do you guys know where on the app does it tell you how much space is left on the card? Like if I'm flying do I have a way to see that? Thanks for the help.

Reactions: burrzoo
Thanks but for some reason I don’t get that bar on my screen. Does that get activated anywhere? on the other hand I found what I needed by clicking on the green “ready to go gps” at the bottom it gives you the storage capacity left in MB.

Reactions: burrzoo
Just a few suggestions for tweaking the popular method of dumping the SD card to a laptop...
1. get at least two SD cards so you can be dumping from one while flying and recording on the other if you intend to fly a lot of the day
2. dump frequently. don't go on a weekend photo shoot and wait till Sunday night to dump your videos from a single large card. data can get corrupted, sd cards can die, you might even lose your Spark in the woods up a tree or in the pond, and that couple isn't going to be willing to redo their wedding just because you lost all of the pictures and video in one accident. Many events you film will be single-opportunity, so "don't put all your eggs in one basket" as they say.
3. choose your card carefully. Don't just pay attention to the class it can record at, also look at getting a card with faster download speed. I use SanDisk Extreme Pro for their good video speed but double the download speed. They don't cost that much more, but can really help when you're in a hurry.
4. also for faster download you will need a good quality SD card reader. Don't trust the seller's specs, look at reviews for more trustworthy numbers on speed.

5. Store the extra card in your purse so you have one when you forgot the other one in your home computer. (I have been there).

Anyone have this issue? I installed my SD card (SanDisc), from spark into my computer and transfered the pics and videos. Some of the videos i took were not showing on my computer, its like those videos were never on the SD card.
For my case some of the video takes up space but have zero duration so cannot playback.

This is all useful information, thank you all. Am I missing a step? Are pictures and videos stored in HD quality on the SD card? Thanks, Jim

This is all useful information, thank you all. Am I missing a step? Are pictures and videos stored in HD quality on the SD card? Thanks, Jim

Welcome to the forum Jim.

Yes, the 1080 video and higher res photos are stored on the MicroSD card, while the cache (if turned on) has low res files.

I usually just shoot smaller video files and photos and download over wifi while I'm doing other stuff between flights.
Doing it at home by removing the microSD would be a lot more efficient if there is a lot of files to take off from numerous flights through a day.

Reactions: RotorWash

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast