Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Battery warm to the touch

LordP

Join
Jul 6, 2017
Hi,

I'm pretty new here, and to drones in general, but did a search for "Hot Battery" but I think my situation is a bit different.

I have the Spark & 2x batteries in the original foam box it was shipped in, and I have the "Fly More" package + two spare batteries in the little carry bag that came with the package.

I have not used the Spark in a week (my one and only time so far) and I charged all four batteries at that time - a week ago.

Today I finally received the Fheaven carry case and decided to transfer everything to this case.

All four batteries were warm to the touch even though I keep all the parts in an Air Conditioned bedroom.

Surely this can't be normal...can it?

It's perfectly normal if you haven't touched the batteries. They are probably auto discharging down to the storage level.

Thanks for the super quick reply....and for the relief you just provided.

It seems an odd thing that they would need to "auto discharge" but then again I know zero about these batteries.

I have a couple of questions if you don't mind.

Do you know what the storage level is as a % of full capacity?

Should I not bother charging the batteries after a flying session?

It seems an odd thing that they would need to "auto discharge" but then again I know zero about these batteries.
In the Spark Battery Safety Guidelines, DJI recommends storing batteries between 40%-65% charged. You could really go down to even around 30% without harming them. Storing DJI batteries at 100% charged for long periods of time will decrease their life. That's why they are set to start auto discharge down to about 60% after 10 days (as long as they are not used and you don't press the battery button). The discharge process can take up to ~2 days to complete if the battery is fully charged.

Should I not bother charging the batteries after a flying session?
There's no need to charge them unless you're planning on flying again in the next ~24 hours.

In fact, just in the interest of safety, I'll quit work early (I work from home) and go fly the thing and discharge these batteries. ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nixontabis