Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Battery storage

Hi
On the battery's manual it is mentioned that battery will auto discharge to about 65% after 10 days or so if it has not been used. It has been now more than 10 days I flew mine and still my 3 batteries are fully charged. Any idea ?
Thx

Sent from my KFDOWI using SparkPilots Spark Forum mobile app
Did you checked the battery level during these 10 days by pressing the button ?
With phantom 3 batteries, it is reseting the timer. Not tested with the Spark.

Sent from my SM-G950F using SparkPilots Spark Forum mobile app

Reactions: The Editor
Did not know that thanks; I had a Mavic and could configure delay before discharge. Do not see that for the Spark in dji go4
There is no user selectable delay on the Spark. It can also take around 3 days for the packs to reach 3.86v per cell/50% once they start discharging after the 10 day delay.

Did not know that thanks; I had a Mavic and could configure delay before discharge. Do not see that for the Spark in dji go4
There is not that option in Spark. After 10 days idle, it will discharge to 65% over 2 days (from the manual).
Never had them idle for so long up to now.

And pressing to check the level restarts the timer then ? I'll try with mine.

And pressing to check the level restarts the timer then ? I'll try with mine.
That was like that on phantom 3, so my guess.

I would check this battery, don't sounds too good, but it can be also the "intelligent" side of the battery that start discharging too early. Never tried a battery firmware refresh but it is maybe done also when the main firmware is refreshed using DJI assistant 2.

The voltage of each cells should be checked in flight to see if they are similar or if one cell is much lower than the others.
You can upload your Go4 flight log to www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
There will be column:
Battery %
Battery Voltage
Cell 1
Cell 2
Cell 3
Cell Deviation

Then you can see if voltage is consistent and similar to other batteries.

What is the best way to store the batteries, due to the weather and work I have not flown my Spark for a while, do I charge the batteries every "X" days? Or don't I charge them only before I want to fly again ?

Amy tips ?

What is the best way to store the batteries, due to the weather and work I have not flown my Spark for a while, do I charge the batteries every "X" days? Or don't I charge them only before I want to fly again ?

Amy tips ?
I'm not an expert and I try to get a flight in every day but if I had to let them sit, I would let them discharge since it's their storage state for safety and longevity of the batteries.

DJI recommend to cycle them every 3 months of not use (mean charge them and use them at least one time and then recharge.
Batteries need to be stored not at full charge, but these batteries are taking care of them selves and will self-discharge to storage level after 10 days.
Keep them in a not warm place, not connected to anything and better to have them in a fire proof box or bag.

See DJI web site, Spark_Intelligent_Flight_Battery_Safety_Guidelines.

Reactions: His415
I would check this battery, don't sounds too good, but it can be also the "intelligent" side of the battery that start discharging too early. Never tried a battery firmware refresh but it is maybe done also when the main firmware is refreshed using DJI assistant 2.

The voltage of each cells should be checked in flight to see if they are similar or if one cell is much lower than the others.
You can upload your Go4 flight log to www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
There will be column:
Battery %
Battery Voltage
Cell 1
Cell 2
Cell 3
Cell Deviation

Then you can see if voltage is consistent and similar to other batteries.
I checked the voltage of the battery that was discharging early and all the cells were the same.

I checked the voltage of the battery that was discharging early and all the cells were the same.
I would label it with a red tape so each time you flight with you check how it behave.
You can also try to do a refresh of Spark firmware with this battery on it. I don't know if a refresh of Spark firmware really do also a refresh of the battery firmware.

I would label it with a red tape so each time you flight with you check how it behave.
You can also try to do a refresh of Spark firmware with this battery on it. I don't know if a refresh of Spark firmware really do also a refresh of the battery firmware.
I contacted support about the early discharging. This is what Richard said. "Did you set the discharge battery in the app? It's in the battery settings under general settings under the 3 dots icon on the upper right part of the screen, then battery icon once on the General settings." I don't see that feature on my phone. Does anyone else see a discharge battery setting?

I contacted support about the early discharging. This is what Richard said. "Did you set the discharge battery in the app? It's in the battery settings under general settings under the 3 dots icon on the upper right part of the screen, then battery icon once on the General settings." I don't see that feature on my phone. Does anyone else see a discharge battery setting?
Not at all. I think he was confused with the Mavic.
Even all DJI documents says it is fixed to 10 days.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast