Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Basic Spark Comes With Remote now!

I opened one yesterday, it is 6 hex screws, 2 are filled with a dot of hot glue, but after you poke the glue out of the top, its business as usual. still not really worth the hassle.

do you think guys they lowered the price bcoz they're releasing spark 2 soon?

If you go by DJI's track record so far, then a new Spark should be out this year in time for summer. We are looking at updates for the Spark, Mavic, and Phantom series this year in my opinion if go based solely off of DJI's track record. Either way, DJI releasing new drones play right into our hands because prior models will get nice discounts as well.

Just ordered the blue Spark two days ago from Amazon with remote for $399 also! :))

Hello from the Mid-West and congratulations on your purchase.

The spark is a blast to fly.

Welcome to the Forum. :cool:

Should I be worried? I ordered one of these Spark/remote controller deals just over a week ago from Adorama for $349. A few hours after I ordered it, I got an email invoice for a $349 Spark and a $0 remote controller that's unfortunately on back order. The Spark arrived a few days ago; the remote controller is still on back order. (To be fair, it looks like the remote controller is also on back order at B&H).

My concern is now I've got a lava red Spark (currently sitting unopened in its box, screaming at me to rip off the shrink wrap imprisoning it) and an invoice for a $0 remote controller on back order. What happens if it never comes off back order status; I get my $0 refunded? I guess what I'm wondering is is back order common with DJI products?

well it's kind of good news, unless you paid US$850 for the combo package last year. Then it just feels like you got taken for a sucker.
I agree... That's a ton of extra cash I laid out for the FMC combo and now they do this....Might be time to sell the Spark and move onto the EVO by Autel once it hits the market..

Should I be worried? I ordered one of these Spark/remote controller deals just over a week ago from Adorama for $349. A few hours after I ordered it, I got an email invoice for a $349 Spark and a $0 remote controller that's unfortunately on back order. The Spark arrived a few days ago; the remote controller is still on back order. (To be fair, it looks like the remote controller is also on back order at B&H).

My concern is now I've got a lava red Spark (currently sitting unopened in its box, screaming at me to rip off the shrink wrap imprisoning it) and an invoice for a $0 remote controller on back order. What happens if it never comes off back order status; I get my $0 refunded? I guess what I'm wondering is is back order common with DJI products?
I got screwed by dealer ALLeRC. I ordered the blue spark with remote combo for $399, and instead they shipped me a white one with some blue stickers to make it blue. They ruined my birthday present. I contacted Amazon lettings them know this bait and switch their doing selling it there.

I shipped it back and reordered the same deal directly from DJI that to my surprise also includes a 16gb microSD card.

Anybody know how fast DJI ships out in the USA?

Anybody know how fast DJI ships out in the USA?
The DJI Store is currently showing Sparks are shipping out 1 business day after the payment is confirmed. After that, it'll most likely take 3-5 business days to arrive.

Hmph... I got my FMC off Amazon in lava red last Sept for $649, which at the time, wasn't a horrible deal. Now, I feel like some sort of lube should have been used atleast, lol.

Overall, I love my Spark though. I have twice as many flights on it as my P3S (just over 100 now), around 18 hours worth with no issues during flight. Then again, I'm also running older FW and SW, as DJI can't seem to get their ducks in a row with the updates. I found a setup that works (usually), and stuck with it... although that red FIRMWARE UPDATE REQ'D nag box does get a bit annoying.

I'm literally one major crash, or fly away from a free upgrade or total refund btw, as I was able to insure my whole kit for $750 through an actual insurance company. I even built their premium into the deal so if my case got stolen, or whatever, I'd be back at square one like nothing happened. I still cant believe they wrote that policy.

Definitely loving the quality after adding a polarization filter... sunsets are incredible!

Hmph... I got my FMC off Amazon in lava red last Sept for $649, which at the time, wasn't a horrible deal. Now, I feel like some sort of lube should have been used atleast, lol.

Overall, I love my Spark though. I have twice as many flights on it as my P3S (just over 100 now), around 18 hours worth with no issues during flight. Then again, I'm also running older FW and SW, as DJI can't seem to get their ducks in a row with the updates. I found a setup that works (usually), and stuck with it... although that red FIRMWARE UPDATE REQ'D nag box does get a bit annoying.

I'm literally one major crash, or fly away from a free upgrade or total refund btw, as I was able to insure my whole kit for $750 through an actual insurance company. I even built their premium into the deal so if my case got stolen, or whatever, I'd be back at square one like nothing happened. I still cant believe they wrote that policy.

Definitely loving the quality after adding a polarization filter... sunsets are incredible!
You really should upgrade the firmware. It's so much better than past releases.

Ever since the release of Mavic Air the firmware for Spark has been excellent.

I paid 878 dollars (£629) for mine, just before Christmas. Dammit. Ah well, sunk cost fallacy and all that!
In the end Spark is streets ahead of its competitors, so it's always been a good deal.

I watched some people flying Mavics at the beach a week ago. So much more fussing than a Spark. I had been videoing some friends windsurfing a while before. Spark hand launched and hand landed without launch pads or risk of sandy disasters.

I paid full MSRP for my SPark Fly More combo the day it came out and just like anything electronics nowadays, it was bound to happen. I love my Spark and take it with me all the time when I'm on my motorcycle and I can definitely say that I've gotten full value of the drone even knowing that people are getting it at almost half the price. I recommended it to a few of my buddies and now they have the same toy as I do and i couldn't be happier for them. Cheers!

Reactions: ZPFunk
DJI is really good at balancing their prices and hardware tiers in just such a way, that you only really win if you go with their combo packages. You will usually spend a little more trying to buy everything separately , unless you're willing to use third party products.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayitsomar