Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Basic Spark Comes With Remote now!

ZPFunk

Join
Jan 12, 2018
I just chatted with DJI customer support, and the basic spark now comes with a controller at no additional cost, and I was told this is a permanent price change. Screenshot_20180224-053255.pngScreenshot_20180224-053322.pngScreenshot_20180224-055353.pngScreenshot_20180224-055406.png

Reactions: NyJosh
Yes in retail stores too for a couple of weeks now, I got one with mine and discounted too so a good deal is to be had I think for the spark at the moment.

Im sure they were tired of getting contacted about cell phone fly aways. I started on a Basic first without the RC, then got the FMC w/ RC. Device only control is easily enough to turn a lot of people off. Smart move i say.

So for those who bought the spark without the remote does this mean we still have to pay the extra $120 to get it?

So for those who bought the spark without the remote does this mean we still have to pay the extra $120 to get it?
Yes. DJI's sales are not retroactive.

If B&H already does it then when will other stores offer the remote free as well? I keep checking Bestbuy for the same deal.

It is the same cycle over and over again. We all get excited when the new quad gets released and jump on it and enjoy it for a bit and before you know it a new quad gets released and the price gets lowered making a lot of people feel like they paid too much. I was ready to jump on the Mavic Air very much the same way and it took a lot not to do that. It looked too much of an incremental upgrade to me to buy. The pattern is eerily similar to Apple with upgrades every year. I have not upgraded my iphone in a while and I'm not going to. I'm also keeping my Sparks and going to have fun with them. As the technology gets better at a faster pace, the cycle will be even faster for upgrades for quads so you have to be accepting that its going to change and something better is going to be released. If you give it that consideration, you actually paid what it was worth at the time you bought it.

Reactions: KNAVE
It's the same in every field. I play keyboards and by the time you get the latest and greatest shipped to your door there's a new one out. If you learn your equipment to the best of its ability you'll be able to figure out how to do what the newest models can do. I learn something new every time I fly, so even if it's superseded it still does what I bought it for. When they don't support it with batteries and parts anymore then it's time to upgrade.

Jake

Yep, I've been explaining the same point to people in the computer area for years. Everyone says they want this super great deal on the current gen processor, etc. but hem and haw because they know a newer, slightly faster one is going to come out and they wonder if they should wait for that one. Then they realize the newer one will cost more and will take a while for the price to come down so wonder if they should wait some more and it becomes a never ending cycle.

Bottom line: If you want the bleeding edge newest of anything, you're going to pay the early adopter's premium. If you want the cheapest, sweetest price on something, you're going to have to wait, which means the replacement model won't be far behind after you buy it.

I bought the Spark because it does everything I want in the price range that I was ok with spending at the time. Will I drool a bit when the Spark 2 / platinum / air / widget comes out? Sure! Will I regret buying the Spark when I did? No! It was what I wanted at a price I was ok with at the time.

If it makes you feel better, let's assume the Spark 2 will come out in 3 months. If you bought your Spark 9 months ago, you got to fly it and enjoy it for a full year before "next gen envy" kicks in. Someone just buying it today at the cheaper price is only going to fly it for 3 months before it's superseded. Then they're probably going to have way more buyers remorse / doubt about their purchase than you, despite paying a good bit less than you.

BTW, thanks @ZPFunk for sharing so others that may be in the process can benefit from your finding as well!

It's the same in every field. I play keyboards and by the time you get the latest and greatest shipped to your door there's a new one out. If you learn your equipment to the best of its ability you'll be able to figure out how to do what the newest models can do. I learn something new every time I fly, so even if it's superseded it still does what I bought it for. When they don't support it with batteries and parts anymore then it's time to upgrade.

Jake
Yeah, that's true. Use your staff until it is broken, too old or it need too many upgrades. Then change, because too many cash is flowing down....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayitsomar