Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Autopilot strange behaviour...

koffe

Join
Oct 14, 2017
Loc
Sweden
In an other thread I've told about losing my Spark. Never found. Have bought a new one and have tried scanning the field, but it did not help.

With my new Spark I have now layed out a route of some waypoints. This was my last search and resque mission. On leg 2 with a distance from me of only 15 meters and a height of 7 meters, the drone followed the leg, but it turned around as if I had hold the left stick full right. Which I did not. I paused and checked satellites and other telemetry. Then I resumed and it was still going around like a tail hunting dog. Sport mode and return. Switched off everything and started up again. Then it would follow the commands.

I also lost connection with my new drone when it was about 37 meters away from me. Same height 7 meters. It looked like the last time when I lost my drone. This time I switched to Sport mode and could bring it home. The only way. Nothing else worked.

I have today read on Facebook, that somebody told us, that the new Autopilot app always switch to EU mode when in Europe. Earlier I had set FCC mode with help of the MODed app with an Android phone. I was thinking short distance, losing connection. I had that twice lately. And I saw some time ago, that the app had been updated by itself.

Now this evening I took out the Android phone and set the drone to FCC. Checked in Android on GO4 that I had only the 11 channels in the lower band. That is FCC mode.

Shut off and checked with iPhone and the latest GO4, that it still was in FCC and did not let it be changed. After that Autopilot upstart and closing. Finally the iPhone and GO4 again showed that the Spark was now in EU mode. That said, Autopilot DID change without telling me.

So now I have some questions to you guys, if somebody can help.

1. Is it possible to reload the second last Autopilot app in my iPhone and how to do it?
2. Is there a way to stop Autopilot from willfully changing the FCC/EU mode?
3. What could cause the new drone with latest Autopilot to rotate on its waypoint leg?
4. Is it possible to stop the auto-update of apps for iPhone like it is on Android?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NoeFolk502