Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Atti mode altitude

Kenneth Jackson

Join
Jul 3, 2018
I'm flying in a large warehouse. No gps signal. I need to go up to about 30 feet to see the top of some pallets. The app keeps telling me that maximum altitude has been reached at about 25 feet. Is there any way to go higher?

When in an indoor, GPS denied environment, the maximum altitude is 25ft. This is so the drone maintains stable control with VPS.

Not sure if you will get more by disabling VPS and obstacle avoidance.

I'm flying in a large warehouse. No gps signal. I need to go up to about 30 feet to see the top of some pallets. The app keeps telling me that maximum altitude has been reached at about 25 feet. Is there any way to go higher?
Go into DJI app and adjust altidude setting setting from 25 to 50. You will need to be connected to the drone.

User manual page 47:
"Height is restricted to 16 feet (5 meters) when the GPS signal is weak and Vision System is activated. Height is restricted to 98 feet (30 meters) when the GPS signal is weak and Vision System is
inactivated."
If there is no visible pattern on ground or not enough light, it will not be in VISON mode but ATTI. Also if you disable vision system you can go higher but it means you will have no horizontal stabilization. Making observation in ATTI mode is really not that easy if there is any air flow. Easy is to activate the video recording, just fly over and then check the video after safely landing.
Use prop guards is highly recommended till you are confortable.

Doesn't the Spark set the base altitude at the height you launch from ? So if you power on the Spark and launch from the top of a 10ft step ladder, your max altitude will also be 10ft higher....

Reactions: dasingel and AirCam
User manual page 47:
"Height is restricted to 16 feet (5 meters) when the GPS signal is weak and Vision System is activated. Height is restricted to 98 feet (30 meters) when the GPS signal is weak and Vision System is
inactivated."
If there is no visible pattern on ground or not enough light, it will not be in VISON mode but ATTI. Also if you disable vision system you can go higher but it means you will have no horizontal stabilization. Making observation in ATTI mode is really not that easy if there is any air flow. Easy is to activate the video recording, just fly over and then check the video after safely landing.
Use prop guards is highly recommended till you are confortable.
Does it mention as to how one would disable the vision system on a Spark?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast