Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Anyone having issues with iOS12 and 4.3.3?

Northwood Mediaworks

Former Spark & Mavic Air 2 Flyer
Premium Pilot
Join
Jan 15, 2018
Loc
Northern Ontario, Canada
Web
northwoodmediaworks.com
I went for my first flight with this combination this morning since upgrading early in the week, my video was laggy, and choppy and its usually rock solid smooth on the iPhone 8plus. So I came in, rebooted the phone, put a fresh battery on the Spark and went back out. This time, even though I was following all the correct sequencing pre-flight, the phone kept disconnecting (I use OTG) from the aircraft... So, much annoyed, (also the wind came up making a flight less than desirable) I went and grabbed my Android tablet, Got the Spark in the air, no lag, all good... so made me wonder what the heck happened to the iPhone setup. I have one more OTG cable, going to try that if the weather improves. Was really looking forward to catching some of the emerging fall colour in the forest.... I have one flight I have not checked yet on the SD card. The cached video was as choppy as the lag I was experiencing, which makes sense.

Anyone else having any issues with iOS 12 and 4.3.3 on an iPhone?

I have yet to fly 4.3.3 on my iPad with iOS 12 yet. I will give it a try tomorrow and let you know how it behaves giving the weather cooperates.

We had another gloomy day here.. a bit windier than I like too... Hope your luck was better.

I also noticed some laggy video this morning while flying with my 8+ (with iOS 12). I wonder if there’s some type of small hiccup within the new operating software and DJI Go 4. Similar to you, I also fly via OTG cable. I think I’ll try again in a few days before I jump to any conclusions.

Today I flew 4.3.3 via OTG and iOS 12 on iPad 2018. I get prompted for database update that fails repeatedly. I noticed that the when it tries to update dB the rc loses connection with ac but gets restored when dB update times out. I was also experiencing video lag on most all reboots of ac/rc a couple were fine though. I also for the sake of trying WiFi instead of otg once and also failed database update and choppy video.
Flew once with litchi and video was fine. Makes me wonder what’s up.

Thanks, glad its not just me, even though it bites. Strangely, after switching to a newer OTG cable my issues went away... but I too had/have the failing database update, I also have issues syncing flight records even though a few days back it seemed to work fine. After my first couple of flights, the weather stabilized somewhat and I went for two ... they seemed "textbook" so I am mystified. I did use RTH on one flight this past weekend, I usually fly back manually, that seemed to be normal.

Indeed, something is up... I am going to make some noise over at the DJI forum now. Thanks all.

Reactions: Glhs958
Well today after updating dB last night, not much of test but went threw the paces like I normally do. The video feed was flawless no issues whatsoever using otg. I wonder if it’s something with dB failure to update screwed with rc to ac connection since I watched it disconnect then reconnect after falling. No clue just relieved it seems normal atm.

I updated my flight database using the DJI assistant 2 with no problem. I couldnt get the update to work with the DJI go4. I am using ipad pro 10,5 With the latest version of DJI GO4. No problems so far. I am on IOS 12.

Reactions: pmshop
No problems here either? I did have problems trying to download with DJI GO4,but connected to Assistant 2 and away it went.

well seems once i got the db upgraded my video feed problems are a thing in the past. the winds were extreme yesterday but had no issues for a hour or so of flight time.

Awesome. Its Canadian Thanksgiving this coming weekend, so weather permitting, I will have some extra time to fly.

I kept my ipad on 11 for now and I'm experiencing the same issues. db update failure, video feed disconnections and all.

I am having issues updating my Spark with the latest Fly safe update via DJI Go App. I am on iOS 11.4.1 on iPhone 6s. It also wouldn't update through Assistant. I also use OTG cable with RC

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GregorioDy