Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Any way to turn off the bottom sensors completely?

Buddy411

Join
Jul 2, 2017
Whenever I put lights or the full-size landing gear on the bottom of the Spark it goes nuts. I have obstacle avoidance and visual pos. off -- any other settings I'm missing?

Do you think the batteries on the lights may affect the compass / GPS?

A small electromagnetic field(s)?

See how it responds in sport mode, that kills all collision avoidance according to documentation due to increased speed, etc. Just a troubleshooting thought for ya ;-)

I have a small set of landing gear that mounts like the original prop guards and extend downward about an inch. So far, they haven't caused me any issues that I'm aware of.

Best of luck!

Whenever I put lights or the full-size landing gear on the bottom of the Spark it goes nuts. I have obstacle avoidance and visual pos. off -- any other settings I'm missing?

What do you mean by "goes nuts"? Can you explain the behavior?

I tried putting black electrician tape over both the front and bottom sensors.
Seems to work well. I suppose it will also prevent it from thinking it can land on a cloud.
Flight felt quite normal. RTH is a little less accurate and it does not know exactly where the ground is.

What do you mean by "goes nuts"? Can you explain the behavior?

It shoots straight up and you have to fight to get it back. Lands super slow and you need to keep cancelling auto land. Didn't even think of sports mode -- the tape may work as well.

How exactly did you turn off visual positioning?

Sorry, Mike. I was mixing up the Mavic & Spark: Basically I went in and turned off all the obstacle sensors. I guess what I'm looking for is HOW to turn off the VP or bottom sensors. Is taping over them OK?

I guess what I'm looking for is HOW to turn off the VP or bottom sensors
They cannot be turned off since DJI has hidden that setting in DJI GO. Here's to hoping they expose it at some point (along with a few of the other useful settings we're missing).

Is taping over them OK?
I would think that would cause the Spark to slowly rise or switch to Forced Landing mode when the throttle is moved to the full down position. Up above, @V'lar is saying it seems to fly just fine though.

Would love to know if a way of safely flying in mist. When rising above it can be so good to film and photograph. I’d be disappointed if I felt the Spark couldn’t handle this.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ariadef