Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Any Snapseed veterans??

RedneckMechanic

Join
Oct 19, 2017
Loc
Oregon
Took some great sunset pics with my Spark the other day and wanted to make the colors a little more vivid, so I tried editing in Snapseed. However, even after changing the output to the highest available settings, my edited photo, while still the same size, came out grainy when viewed at full resolution. Thoughts? Comments?

Took some great sunset pics with my Spark the other day and wanted to make the colors a little more vivid, so I tried editing in Snapseed. However, even after changing the output to the highest available settings, my edited photo, while still the same size, came out grainy when viewed at full resolution. Thoughts? Comments?
The first photo is the edited version. Second is unedited. 20171105_133903-03.jpeg20171105_133903.jpg

did u use some of the filters? or do it all manually? cos some the filters actually gave some grainy texture for looking vintage and all..

did u use some of the filters? or do it all manually? cos some the filters actually gave some grainy texture for looking vintage and all..
I did use a filter, but I didn't notice any image degradation. But that's not saying much with the difference between screen resolutions. The filter is titled "vivid" so I didn't expect any pixelation. Maybe I'll try brightening things manually...

Try using HDR in snapseed slightly ( 17-20 %). Also the size of the image you download to your phone is smaller in pixel size then if you import it off the card directly. It gives you much more data to work with.

I shoot professionally, snapseeds filters are very good at quick clean up and color correction. However most filters when applied to heavy will lead to higher noise from the image. Your not seeing pixelation your seeing the read noise from the sensor since you went heavy in post production. I would never go over 75% on the Snapseed sliders for any filter. I am a huge fan of the "tonal contrast" and "Ambance" adjustments.

I am a fan of Drama filter :D

(By the way, I noticed that if before saving you see huge pixels, then close the photo and open the image again, make the same adjustments and everything will be much better. Have no idea why it happens, but have to do it almost every third photo and it helps)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChunGreenh