Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Any Lebanese Spark owners here?

thewhatever

Join
Nov 8, 2017
As I got my Spark from the US a month ago to Lebanon without problems I still have some questions to my fellow Lebanese Spark users:
-Can you take your Spark with you when you travel out and back to Lebanon, or Beirut airport is problematic with drones even the small Spark?
-Can you fly your drone without being bothered by the army if you are in the mountain and far from any army place?
-There are very contradictory rules, the army needs a permit for any of your droning moments like if it was a forbidden thing while they are selling drones in all multimedia shops of Beirut!!

I heard a story of a dude who was flying his Spark in Yarze forest and the army jump on him in a matter of 5 minutes, he was put in jail and confiscated his drone, though it's a typical military zone and they must have some radars that scan any object in the air. I doubt they do the same for a military free zone

As I got my Spark from the US a month ago to Lebanon without problems I still have some questions to my fellow Lebanese Spark users:
-Can you take your Spark with you when you travel out and back to Lebanon, or Beirut airport is problematic with drones even the small Spark?
-Can you fly your drone without being bothered by the army if you are in the mountain and far from any army place?
-There are very contradictory rules, the army needs a permit for any of your droning moments like if it was a forbidden thing while they are selling drones in all multimedia shops of Beirut!!

I heard a story of a dude who was flying his Spark in Yarze forest and the army jump on him in a matter of 5 minutes, he was put in jail and confiscated his drone, though it's a typical military zone and they must have some radars that scan any object in the air. I doubt they do the same for a military free zone

Take a look here, it should be of help
Lebanon Drone Laws | UAV Systems International

I think nobody cares here as long as it's a small drone (anything but phantom and bigger) and you fly away from sensitive areas.
Yesterday I went to a park in a mountain far from any military and I could fly my Spark for 20 minutes without any problem, on my way out I saw a dude flying a Mavic while the municipality police was close to him.
Last winter I saw smeone flying his Mavic on the top of a ski slope, none of these people had permits.
Though for serious and commercial flying like filming a ceremony with a Phantom you will definitely need a permit

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NoeFolk502