Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Any having issues with Spark remote charging android tablet while connected with OTG or USB cable?

That is normal. OTG cable connected from RC to tablet is for video and telemetry. It does not charge the tablet.

Charge tablet with the power adapter and cable that was included with tablet separately.

All three of my devices with Go4 installed charge from the controller via OTG.

I think that's a good thing, it helps to prevent the phone/tablet battery going flat while flying with max screen brightness.
Its a Bug that dji massivly needs to fix on my mavic pro i only get about four batterys and then the rc is dead so basically im grounded because the **** rc charged my phone.
there is loads of post about it on here people reporting it.

Its a Bug that dji massivly needs to fix on my mavic pro i only get about four batterys and then the rc is dead so basically im grounded because the **** rc charged my phone.
there is loads of post about it on here people reporting it.

Interesting take on it Gavie, I found that my old Nexus 5 would die long before I could fly four batts, what with full screen brightness and WiFi being hammered.
With the OTG cable it would last longer and allow me to fly more.

I guess it depends on your circumstances, the RC battery is 2970mAh, so about the same as a smartphone. Charging my phone while flying didn't seem to make that much difference to it, maybe half charge over 3 batts.

There's a recent post where others are 'attaching' a power bank to charge the RC while flying. If the RC is charging the monitor device, and the power bank charging the RC, then it may be a charging loop that could survive the maximum recommended drone battery flight time, if there is such a thing.

There's a recent post where others are 'attaching' a power bank to charge the RC while flying. If the RC is charging the monitor device, and the power bank charging the RC, then it may be a charging loop that could survive the maximum recommended drone battery flight time, if there is such a thing.

How would that work, as the RC has only one MicroUSB port?

The OTG cable is going to physically pair the phone or pad to the controller. The solutions are pretty straight-forward. 1. Always make sure both components are fully charged before you fly. 2. If it is still a problem, don't use OTG and fly with the RC and display device connected by WiFi. 3. If there is too much video lag using WiFi, figure out what unnecessary apps are running on the phone and get rid of that power/performance drain. 4. If it still doesn't work well, consider getting a different device to run the flying app. That 4th solution took care of the problem for me. My new phone now uses about 2% of its charge on a full battery flight. Since I got a better phone, video lag is a thing of the past and now I have had to find other things to worry about. Both of my OTG cables have been retired to the bottom of a junk box in a closet.

How would that work, as the RC has only one MicroUSB port?
My M1P Rc has two USB ports
side can be used as charging port for the RC
bottom port is connected to lightning cable to the device

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Delf