Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Another woderful experience with Tech support

Jangles

Join
Feb 20, 2018
OK I forgot how to get into the menu where the tripod mode and other settings are so I called in to tech supp, guy keeps me on the phone 12 minutes, puts me on hold 3 times still didn't have an answer, so I told him I'll CB
and speak to someone else, OK I call back, new guy still didn't have answer, puts me on hold so I said screw it
and hung up and thought you guys/gals could guide me?
I know it's simple, it's just a matter of finding right button.
Thanks

I think the remote control icon on the left side of the screen gets you into the gesture menus?

Try that.

Yep, what Spark 317 said. With your topic, I was really hoping it WAS a good customer support experience. Wishing I would read more positive support experiences. Wishing......

Do you mean icon in general settings menu? Tried that, didn't work, I just called tech supp 4th time, they still couldn't figure it out, they started talking about firmware, that's what they tell you to do when they don't have an answer.
Love the spark, hate the software, not real intuitive!

No, it's the intelligent flight modes option on the LEFT side/bottom of your GO4 ap. The ap is actually pretty easy bro, take your time, it's not hard to figure out. I definitely wouldn't have wasted that much time calling tech support, there is so much info on the internet with YouTube, etc. Also, it's in the manual lol. Have you downloaded the manual yet? Good luck!

OK I'm back after 2 more "tech supp" calls, 6 to be exact and 2 batteries down and scheduled for a level 2 CB, got one of those the other day and she didn't know jack, fortunately I had already fixed my issue before she called.This last guy asked if I calibrated my compass, wait what? do you know why I called??? I'm just looking for multiple flight mode, why coudn't they put a button in the menu?

No.

It's the main screen as if you were flying with all of your telemetry.
No to that either, the guy I just spoke with was asking me about that too, h'mm maybe my software is messed up because there is no icon of an RC on the ready to fly screen?

OK I forgot how to get into the menu where the tripod mode and other settings are so I called in to tech supp, guy keeps me on the phone 12 minutes, puts me on hold 3 times still didn't have an answer, so I told him I'll CB
and speak to someone else, OK I call back, new guy still didn't have answer, puts me on hold so I said screw it
Thanks

It's too bad the tech support guy didn't have THE MANUAL right in front of him for the answer... I mean, the NERVE of those uninformed jerks who work for DJI for wasting all of your time...right? o_O

Should be this icon if there.

March 29, 2018 125021 PM EDT.jpg

One other thing, you need to ensure that you've enabled intelligent flight modes! Here as some pictures to help:

Attachments

• Enable Intelligent Flight Modes picture.jpg
    Enable Intelligent Flight Modes picture.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 23
  • Screenshot of DJI GO4 main screen.png
    Screenshot of DJI GO4 main screen.png
    203.4 KB · Views: 20
I just checked out pg 16 BTW what's P mode?

Uh, flip the Sport mode switch on the remote and your icon should return.

Those functions aren't there when in Sport Mode.

Reactions: Hddeuce03
I just checked out pg 16 BTW what's P mode? I remember seeing that Icon before and it's gone now?
Thanks for all your help, I wish the first 5 techs asked me that question!

I mean no disrespect at all, but you really should read the entire manual. P mode is Positioning Mode...it's the normal flying mode with GPS and sensors.

Thanks
Mystery solved, I was in sport mode hence no RC icon, and a reminder to read the manual was good advice, I did read it first day but I didn't know what I was reading, between this site, you tube and actually flying makes a world of difference, thanks all for putting up with my frustration!

It's the remote control icon on the left side of the screen. I posted the question here because mine was gone. I found out that it disappears when you are on sports mode. Not sure if that's your problem,but something to check.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayitsomar