Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Another victim of battery popping off

Yes,, this happened to me, Battery fell out and the Drone crashed,, found the Drone but not the battery. I contacted DJi and they advised I send it in for analysis and repairs, which I did. When it was at DJi they advised some repairs (Motor and Gimble) and a battery replacement all under warranty. I received my Drone back after a week, and still happily flying today. Battery was an old type with the small latching clip!!
Dji care or just basic warranty?

Anyway...
I was wondering how is that even possible. I've flown more than 150hours with spark already and never had an single situation like this and I do have 5batteries which I'm switching one after another like Rambo ammo in his MG carabine when I'm on the field.

I believe in part it is to protect the Spark owner from themselves. I think there are indeed cases where they pop-off but for the vast majority it's probably people not making sure they are properly and securely attached. Easy enough fix for DJI to make so they figured why not. I've had my Spark with 4 batteries from way back when it came out with the older style clips and its been fine.

If DJI didn't think it a problem, why did the change the clips for longer onesView attachment 5133

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPena