Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

AMA Says 5 Mile Radius Notifications Removed With Latest Legislation?

I would have to disagree with that statement. What happens now is that the "NEW" LAANC system is in place (if your location has it enabled) to allow for drones to request and to fly below specific altitudes within that 5 mile radius with prior electronic authorization through the LAANC system. So to say that the 5 mile is removed is not really true. And as far as hobbyist classification, based on my understanding is a person who does not fly for commercial use (monetary gains or advertisement). So if you just fly out for fun taking pics/video for you own personal use enjoyment you would be considered a hobbyist, in the board sense.

That makes sense , but for me, I'm in Alaska currently , there are "unpaved airports" everywhere , most do not have a contact name or number , how the heck do I notify them when there's definitely no LAANC

That makes sense , but for me, I'm in Alaska currently , there are "unpaved airports" everywhere , most do not have a contact name or number , how the heck do I notify them when there's definitely no LAANC
FishingSpark see below maybe this clears things up.

In your scenario, the sUAS remote pilot would have to comply with Part 107, including§ 107.43, “Operation in the vicinity of airports,” which states that “[n]o person may operate a small unmanned aircraft in a manner that interferes with operations and traffic patterns at any airport, heliport, or seaplane base.” Also, under§ 107.37, the remote pilot would be required to yield the right of way to all aircraft and airborne vehicles, including helicopters using the private heliport. The remote pilot would also have to operate the sUAS so that it is not operated so close to another aircraft as to create a collision hazard.
Part 107 operating rules apply at all times and not only when an aircraft operates on or in the vicinity of a specific airport. In an effort to safely integrate sUAS and manned aircraft at an airport, airport operators may recommend certain areas where sUAS operate, in order to avoid conflicts with manned aircraft. Remote pilots should adhere to those operational recommendations and discontinue operations if the potential for interference arises. When operational necessity requires the remote pilot to operate at or near an airport in uncontrolled airspace, the remote pilot must operate the sUAS in such a manner that it does not interfere with operations and traffic patterns at any airport, heliport, or seaplane base. Therefore, the remote pilot should operate the sUAS in such a way that the manned aircraft pilot does not need to alter his or her flight path in operations that include flight in the traffic pattern, on visual approach or departure, or on a published instrument approach or on instrument departure, in order to avoid a potential collision.
This response was prepared by Jonathan Cross, Senior Attorney for Airport Certification, Regulations Division, and coordinated with the FAA’s UAS Integration Office and the General Aviation and Commercial Division of the Flight Standards Service.

maybe that helped?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ariadef