Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Airmap for drones

Putz

Join
Mar 5, 2018
I just got an update for Airmap which added drone control through the Airmap app. Has anyone tried this yet? Looks like you will be able to fly with waypoints. Since it's snowing here today I won't be able to test myself. Hopefully by the weekend spring will return.

I just got an update for Airmap which added drone control through the Airmap app. Has anyone tried this yet? Looks like you will be able to fly with waypoints. Since it's snowing here today I won't be able to test myself. Hopefully by the weekend spring will return.
I tried it yesterday with OTG didn't seem to work. Going to work with it more this week. Looks cool though.

Reactions: MannyCAM2001
As far as I can see, this makes it possible to have an Airmap icon availible in the Go4 app. It will give you information about any danger straight when your flying. If you made a flight plan and are near an airport your flightplan will go there autpomaticaly and they will send you an approval or not. In my oppinion you are not able to use it as waypoints in the away you want it.

Reactions: Bob Radford
Got a brief chance to use it in the backyard tonight. It did connect with OTG on iPhone6 Plus but I kept getting IMU error. I calibrated in DJI Go then reconnected to Airmap, still had the error.

On my iPhone (non-sim, exclusive to drone) and the program takes awhile to open. When i was in the air less than 15' away had bad signal feed especially when I got notification of air traffic in the area which is consistent since i am 5.5 miles from Phoenix Sky Harbor.

I'm not sold on the app as of yet but it is a start. Has anyone tried Kittihawk with DJI intergation?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ariadef