Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Aftermarket antennas for Spark

Rmwac

Join
Dec 11, 2018
In the never-ending quest to make Chicken Salad out of Chicken $hit.... has anyone installed an amplified or more highly directional antenna on the Spark controller? I'm not referring to the slip- on parabolic "range extenders," but a system requiring mods to the controller to add SMA connectors. ???? Just wondering if such an effort would pay off for a drone at this price point.

In the never-ending quest to make Chicken Salad out of Chicken $hit.... has anyone installed an amplified or more highly directional antenna on the Spark controller? I'm not referring to the slip- on parabolic "range extenders," but a system requiring mods to the controller to add SMA connectors. ???? Just wondering if such an effort would pay off for a drone at this price point.

Some people swear by these. Spark model is $139. Looks like a legit product and not just a hack.

Worth a look...
Titan Drone Antenna Mod for Spark

Whoa! That is an expensive upgrade. There is another one that looks like two spiral wound wires but I don't remember the brand name. I saw it on YouTube.

from what I've seen, the Chinese knock off of that otherwise expensive, British made helical, costs about $60, but does not work anywhere near as well as the British original, which is even MORE expensive. These antennas are a rabbit hole.... the Spark is what it is. Maybe a set of $9 parabolic reflectors, but an expensive antenna to try to make a Spark into a Mavic may be overkill. However, these antenna are removable and interchangeable, so why not mod a Spark controller if you have a fleet of drones? But for a Spark alone? I don't know.

from what I've seen, the Chinese knock off of that otherwise expensive, British made helical, costs about $60, but does not work anywhere near as well as the British original, which is even MORE expensive. These antennas are a rabbit hole.... the Spark is what it is. Maybe a set of $9 parabolic reflectors, but an expensive antenna to try to make a Spark into a Mavic may be overkill. However, these antenna are removable and interchangeable, so why not mod a Spark controller if you have a fleet of drones? But for a Spark alone? I don't know.

I think it's crazy to put that kind of money into a spark just for added range.

But you asked for a reference for quality boosted antenna with good reviews and that's what you got;)

I see a Mavic Pro in your future: superior range, camera and battery life. And now they are heavily discounted because of MP2 and holiday sales. Go for it!

I just might spring for the big M... after the holidays.... For now, the Spark has been a lot
of fun.... compared to my clunky fleet of Naza M 550 sized homebuilt quads. I have the parabolic reflector, and my range is about appropriate for the amount of battery flight time I have. The parabolic does help a bit to keep the onscreen video a bit stronger.

Reactions: Andre Levite
I just might spring for the big M... after the holidays.... For now, the Spark has been a lot
of fun.... compared to my clunky fleet of Naza M 550 sized homebuilt quads. I have the parabolic reflector, and my range is about appropriate for the amount of battery flight time I have. The parabolic does help a bit to keep the onscreen video a bit stronger.

Agreed!

Every other antenna looks expensive considering how much range you get for just 8 bucks using a parabolic

Andre. where might I find a Mavic Pro at the best price? Amazon has a DJI certified refurb for $709. Controller, single battery only.

Best deal is probably in the Classified section on the sister forum to this site

MavicPilots Forum - Classifieds

If you are okay with a used unit this is a much safer place than Craigslist. Plenty of folks upgrading to Mavic Pro 2 and selling their original MP with accessories at a reasonable price

I added the 4hawks didn,t think to much of it till i added litchi now i,m impressed with the range and the better ouality of the videos and photos and when on a mission and lose signal it just keeps on going and finishes the mission and has great footage so gotta say i like it alot better now!

Reactions: Steve Ainscough
I added the 4 hawks didn,t think to much of it till i added litchi now i,m impressed with the range and the better quality of the videos and photos and when on a mission and lose signal it just keeps on going and finishes the mission and has great footage so gotta say i like it a lot better now!
There's a couple of really intriguing videos on the 4 hawks. One guy went over 2 miles, with a 4 hawks, but I think he was flying a Mavic Air. I would agree that it might be overkill to mod up a spark, but then again, why not, especially if it really would give you not only more distance, but especially more solid reception. Titan has some pretty cool stuff. I'm not sure if it could be multi-tasked to other drone models of DJI or not. If it could, it might be a really good thing. Marc

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndrewDatcu