Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Advisories!

BYTORED

Join
Mar 21, 2018
In the pics posted there are 2 advisories with the same airport. As you can see from pic I’m clearly out of the 5 mile radius of the airport (no tower). At times it’s onlt one advisory with a ceiling of 400’.
I have no intention of flying over what it says not to but I’m not understanding the contradiction here.

Attachments

• 8114B570-06C1-44FB-8B44-D8BA3234159F.png
    8114B570-06C1-44FB-8B44-D8BA3234159F.png
    9.8 MB · Views: 58
  • 4E3B0CC8-F302-4133-8E5C-EDE846783DA4.png
    4E3B0CC8-F302-4133-8E5C-EDE846783DA4.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 48
In the pics posted there are 2 advisories with the same airport. As you can see from pic I’m clearly out of the 5 mile radius of the airport (no tower). At times it’s onlt one advisory with a ceiling of 400’.
I have no intention of flying over what it says not to but I’m not understanding the contradiction here.
I would just give them a call and notify them that you will be flying out of the 5 mile radius ,even if no radio tower just try to call the airport itself so someone knows and mabe they can relay it to someone who knows :D

I looked at my AirMap and looks like you have an AMA feild in the area.

Red Apple Flyers.

Maybe you can fly there if a member or guest?

Reactions: BYTORED
Note that there's no "contradiction" in the warnings you are seeing. The alerts are going to get picked up based on the controlled airspace for that airport. You will see the advisories when the map is panned over those areas even if you are not physically located in that area.

Note also that those altitudes shown are not the "ceilings" per se (i.e. you are not authorized to fly in those areas without approval or for hobby/recreation, notification). Those figures represent the altitudes that the FAA may grant a waiver (for those pilots applying for a waiver or authorization). Even if you are not flying Part 107, you can see those segments of the airspace by selecting Part 107 in the app or on the AirMap website.

If your flight doesn't enter that area, then no notification is required.

100.png 200.png 400.png

Reactions: JD4x4 and BYTORED
Zoom closer in on your location so the orange is not in the picture and see if you go green.

Note that there's no "contradiction" in the warnings you are seeing. The alerts are going to get picked up based on the controlled airspace for that airport. You will see the advisories when the map is panned over those areas even if you are not physically located in that area.

Note also that those altitudes shown are not the "ceilings" per se (i.e. you are not authorized to fly in those areas without approval or for hobby/recreation, notification). Those figures represent the altitudes that the FAA may grant a waiver (for those pilots applying for a waiver or authorization). Even if you are not flying Part 107, you can see those segments of the airspace by selecting Part 107 in the app or on the AirMap website.

If your flight doesn't enter that area, then no notification is required.

View attachment 4245 View attachment 4246 View attachment 4247

Thank you for the clarification. New to the drone world.
My flights actually doesn't enter the area as I am .8 tenths of a mile out of the 5 mile radius measured by the B4UFLY app. I have called the heliports and got a fax machine and Pangborn routed me to a control tower in Seattle which the person I did talk to said he was super busy and would call me back, this was weeks ago. So I tried and will try again. Possibly write a letter.

I fly responsibly and my flights are in a canyon, If a plane or helo is in the canyon Im flying my drone at they have got much bigger problems (crashing) then coming into contact with a bird sized drone.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NoeFolk502