Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Above the clouds :)

what camera settings and filter did you use? Doesn't the spark stop climbing at 400ft?

That limit can be set via the DJI GO app. The legal limit varies by country. Probably the OP violated the law, but I am not sure. That said, going above the clouds with Spark can be risky because its optical system may mistake the clouds below as the ground and it will refuse to descend and just stay up there until the battery runs out. This has happened to people.

Yeah that was my question. How did you get it back down? Last time I flew through some fog it thought the fog was land and it was very tense moment getting it back down!!

I am a frequent fog bank/ low cloud flyer.
1640ft (500m) is the Spark max.
I have performed about 12 flights under those circumstances and have never had the issue of the craft not coming back down.

Quite the opposite.

I have to slow the craft down because the ultrasonic sensors become confused and shut off with the warning land immediately....but who listens to that? :D

Without the ultrasonic sensors, the craft cannot "see" the ground.
My first landing in this condition I hit the ground pretty hard because it will not stop.
Ever since then, I expect the craft not to slow down - so I do so manually.

And enjoy!

As far as breaking laws in the US, under section 336 is not a law but guidelines for safe flight.
However, we are now flying under Part 101E and trying to find out how that reads.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nixontabis