Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

A quick flight before the storm

twickers14

Join
Sep 6, 2018
Loc
SW U.K.
No pix or real news but with a blue sky I thought best get her up before Atlantic storm Ciara hits us overnight. I know the wind speeds are paltry compared to what some of you experience but we are due 65+mph gusts tonight and tomorrow so with gusts at 35mph at 100ft and with trepidation I nurtured Spark into the air. Kept her low and well within sight. She tilted a lot into the wind so when I heard a chopper nearby I brought her down and landed safely (flight 217).

Lightly snowing here as the sun rises behind the clouds with rain later on in the day.

I'm glad your flight was short and sweet.

If the Spark decided to fly with the 65 mph gusts, who knows where it would up.?

Be assured the RTH won't help much, but the Spark will try it's best.:)

Lightly snowing here as the sun rises behind the clouds with rain later on in the day.

I'm glad your flight was short and sweet.

If the Spark decided to fly with the 65 mph gusts, who knows where it would up.?

Be assured the RTH won't help much, but the Spark will try it's best.:)
You’re so right. Wish we had some snow. Safe flying.

Glad to hear you got at least a short flight in today twickers. Sounds like a windy time this evening for you, 65+mph is no joke, especially where trees are concerned, stay safe.

Reactions: twickers14
Happy you got in a short one Twickers. I haven't had a day in 2 weeks that has had even a chance of flying. It's that time of year here. Have to put a little juice into the batteries before I forget. ;)

Happy you got in a short one Twickers. I haven't had a day in 2 weeks that has had even a chance of flying. It's that time of year here. Have to put a little juice into the batteries before I forget. ;)
Yep, I had to fire my batteries up too before the flight. Even the RC needed a squirt of power. It’s blowing a real hooley right now and due to continue for most of the day.

Twickers, good for you. Not much flying happening here. Last few days it's been in the -20s (C). Today it decided to warm up, -5 C, but it's snowing. The coming week looks a bit promising though....

Hope all goes well, stay safe.

Just a quick update-the jet stream between our cousins in North America is running at 250kts, the highest speed my son (a pilot) has seen. Flights are getting Eastwards across the pond in 5hrs 30mins which is bad news for those going the other way. Still very windy here. See how much further North the Westbounds are having to go. No place for a Spark!!

Attachments

• FD183C45-FF5F-4706-87F1-D600CFA02F11.jpeg
    FD183C45-FF5F-4706-87F1-D600CFA02F11.jpeg
    586.2 KB · Views: 9
  • 98CB72AC-8AB9-4F99-8166-1BCA5D6B0D2B.jpeg
    98CB72AC-8AB9-4F99-8166-1BCA5D6B0D2B.jpeg
    688.7 KB · Views: 9
Just a quick update-the jet stream between our cousins in North America is running at 250kts, the highest speed my son (a pilot) has seen. Flights are getting Eastwards across the pond in 5hrs 30mins which is bad news for those going the other way. Still very windy here. See how much further North the Westbounds are having to go. No place for a Spark!!
Indeed, I recall a news article from yesterday about a flight out of the UK arriving in New York two hours ahead of schedule. No place for a Spark definitely, but think of the range distance record you could set.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nixontabis