Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

A little help - Low light, evening flying with the Spark

TxSpark2017

Join
Nov 2, 2017
I have a question that hopefully you folks can help me with regarding my Spark. When trying to fly in the evening (not completely or even near dark), with low light, the Spark does not hover in place at all. When I send it up (not high, mind you), it almost immediately wants to veer off to one side or the other. If I don't man the controls, it'll seemingly go off on its own.

When I try and do the same thing (during the same relative time of day/hour) with either my Phantom 4 Pro or my Mavic Pro, they rise and hold steady as a rock. That's why I'm curious as to whether there is something I need to do (or undo) in the settings on my Spark?

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. Thank you all.

As far as I know, the downward vision sensors used to help hold position can't be turned off on the Spark so I'm not sure what's up with your Spark. It does fine during the day, yes? And you have a GPS lock?

Yes, it does amazing during the day. And truth be told, I've only tried using it like three times in the evening. But each time, it just didn't hold steady and took off to one side or the other. I guess it made me gun shy and I haven't really tried much beyond the first few tries in the evening. Honestly, I can't say for certain if it had GPS locked on? I want to say it kept saying it was in Atti mode. So I guess that would mean it hadn't locked in yet to a GPS signal. I'm new to this so am just guessing. Maybe I'll give it a go again but before taking lift off I'll wait until GPS locks in....and then try it.

I fly my spark at night but I wait for GPS lock before taking off. Also try and take off from a lit ground area. ATTI mode responds just like a toy drone, it goes with the wind.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast