Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

2 Flights today 2 x Atti Modus and Signal lost!

Fiete

Join
May 7, 2018
Hello,

I do the GPS Fake App so I can flew in Fcc yesterday works great 1km away without problems today sucks..

I flew only 300 meters and than Atti Modus and Compass Error :-( I try not panic but I panic litte bit but I flew smooth with a lot Batterie to my home and do a compass calibration again. Right now I flew again 700 meters away and complete signal lost for 1 minute a panic because thought I loosing my Drone but than I fly back RTH not Working I don't now what's going on.

Not sure if your Spark is really in FCC mode, maybe only your app show it. What make you thinking that the drone is in FCC mode?
With the Fake GPS app, your phone change country and set its wifi according to country. But that wifi is used to connect to the RC with 1 meter distance, so not really useful.
1000 meters don't need FCC mode to achieve, it need an open area with low interference, no Bluetooth / wifi around you.
At my knowledge, it is the drone GPS that is used to determine if it is in FCC or CE mode, but maybe DJI made it a stupid way for the Spark.

I flew 1 km 2 Days bevore and yesterday 500 meters hight. I belive in EC mode impossible? And 11 channels Screenshot_20180701-005743.jpg

Atti mode is related to GPS and compass errors, not signal transmission.

@Dronason, we can see if transmission between RC and AC is in FCC or CE mode, using HD page of djigo4 app.

Also, in CE mode, my Spark flies using 5.8g channels, with OPTIMAL range 500m (100-150 m in real world). The only ways to override this limitation, is using 2.4g with otg cable (not officially supported), or using FCC mode with hacks (illegal).

The real solution would be, DJI to implement 5g band with DFS in CE, otherwise should stop selling WiFi drones in Europe, because they are dangerous.

Reactions: Fiete
I flew 1 km 2 Days bevore and yesterday 500 meters hight. I belive in EC mode impossible? And 11 channels View attachment 5607
In CE mode more than 1000 meters is possible, matter to avoid interferences with other wifi or bluetooth.

@Dronason, we can see if transmission between RC and AC is in FCC or CE mode, using HD page of djigo4 app.
Yes channel 13 is shown only in CE countries but I am not sure if that really means that the power level are increase in the AC and the RC. Would be interesting to test it with a modded RC and a power meter. One more thing to add to the todo list.

Also, in CE mode, my Spark flies using 5.8g channels, with OPTIMAL range 500m (100-150 m in real world). The only ways to override this limitation, is using 2.4g with otg cable (not officially supported), or using FCC mode with hacks (illegal).
In CE mode, it is 2.4G or 5.8G. At powerup, the Spark - RC choose the band with the lowest disturbance for RC - AC link and the other goes to RC to device link.
In Europe, the 2.4G is much more polluted with Wifi and Bluetooth than 5.8G band. So if you have near you devices (phone, watch, car, ...) that use Bluetooth, at power-up, the Spark will see the 2.4G as polluted and 5.8G as more clean. Also, I have never found that the channels selected by the RC is not always the best.

In 5.8G, the distance is shorter but can be more than 500m when flying not in a city. Yes, 2.4G is much better but I didn't found OTG not that useful at the end as it replace a short range 5.8G.

The real solution would be, DJI to implement 5g band with DFS in CE, otherwise should stop selling WiFi drones in Europe, because they are dangerous.
I agree with you, for CE mode, the 5.8G is not really useful as connection AC-RC for the Spark as too much under powered.

My Spark selects 5.8g channels, with Bluetooth closed, and in the middle of the desert. Seems to me that it's the default band in Europe.

5.8g range is never more than 300m, in my tests. But I confirm, that in FCC mode, I can fly over 500m without signal loss, in 5.8g, within the same area where, in CE mode, i have a disconnect, in 200m. Seems to me, that the trick works.

I will be surprised, if there are spark pilots, who can fly 2.4g by default in CE mode.

I really think, a drone like Spark, suddenly uncontrollable in 200m, is a dangerous drone, and shouldn't being sold by DJI.

Last edited:
You can also try windsurfer reflectors that mount on the antenna, that can help if you want to really go more fare in CE mode.
With mine, it goes to 2.4G by default when in the field. At home, it always pick 5.8G as there are 2.4G wifi all arround and almost no free channels.

Atti mode is related to GPS and compass errors, not signal transmission.
By the way, fully agree with you, OP problem has nothing to do with signal transmission.
Flight record in Spark would indicate the reason of that. Recalibration of IMU and compass is a good start but must be done in good environment.

You can also try windsurfer reflectors that mount on the antenna, that can help if you want to really go more fare in CE mode.
With mine, it goes to 2.4G by default when in the field. At home, it always pick 5.8G as there are 2.4G wifi all arround and almost no free channels.
Fortunately, with otg cable and forced 2.4g, things are better. At least, there are no disconnections.

I don't want to fly my spark too far away, but want to fly with confidence in 300m distance.

Yesterday I flew 800m and the Drone lose her signal and RTH in fcc under 5.8

It i dangerous to fly in that range?

Yesterday I flew 800m and the Drone lose her signal and RTH in fcc under 5.8

It i dangerous to fly in that range?
Beyond the fact that is illegal, an uncontrollable drone is a dangerous flying machine.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ariadef