Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

2.4ghz manual selection

Nickyd

Join
Feb 24, 2018
Nld firmware with FCC Europe mod, controller, S8.

I can manually select 2.4ghz and select a good channel.

What happens when I fly somewhere new if that channel isn't good?
Is the spark now locked to the manually chosen channel or will it choose another one on 2.4ghz?
Or will it revert back to 5.8ghz?

Thanks.

Same questione here.
I think it is locked.
Maybe also on 5.8 with auto the channel i set on pre-flight only and than locked for the flight.

Great question! I do believe that it’s locked if you select custom, and select band and frequency.
I’m fairly confident that only in auto would it change band or frequently with in a band, should interference be present on the current selected frequency.
Thanks Rod in Alaska

Nld firmware with FCC Europe mod, controller, S8.

I can manually select 2.4ghz and select a good channel.

What happens when I fly somewhere new if that channel isn't good?
Is the spark now locked to the manually chosen channel or will it choose another one on 2.4ghz?
Or will it revert back to 5.8ghz?

Thanks.
The only reason it would not revert back is if your mobile device can’t use the 5.8 band. The remote needs a channel separate from the aircraft. Many of our UK, AND EU members run with an OTG cable to facilitate the use of one band for flying and the other for the remote. In the US it’s not needed for that purpose.
But the Spark in automode will find the optimum channel, if it’s not being used by the remote.
Cheers

Thanks.
But I'm looking for an answer to this:

When manually selecting the 2.4ghz band I have to select a specific channel.
Will this channel be used on every power up in the future, or will my spark autoselect a good channel from the 2.4ghz band,?

Reactions: Alastair
I'm not sure about the Spark, but I do know that my Inspire,and Mavic Pro will stay on the selected channel, until you change them. I will have my Spark tomorrow, and will be able to tell you for sure if it stays set on the channel you select. I'm betting it will!

Cheers. Im thinking the same as you.

Am I missing something then or is there a way of telling the Spark (or other DJI Drones) to default to 2.4GHz but auto select a channel within this band?

Dont forget Im talking Android here

On my Inspire there are "2 boxes" one is 2.4 the other one is 5.8. You can select auto, with either one of these bands, now is it the same for the Spark,I dunno? PS. I also use iOS, so the android app might, be another matter?

I need to check again, but I'm pretty sure I have to select both the 2.4ghz box Plus a channel for it to accept the change from 5.4ghz

Reactions: Ron_Dog
I think you are correct! I will know know more tomorrow after I get my hands on the Spark!

Any updates on this?

I've found that selecting a 2.4 GHz channel gives a far more reliable signal, especially 200+ m away but yesterday I think I must have chosen a bad one because it was cutting out all the time. Why won't the app autoselect channels on that frequency band?!

It seems that on my version of the app (iOS, UK/Netherlands-based) there is no option to autoselect a 2.4 GHz channel; there's just "auto" and "manual" and auto always goes to 5.8. Is this a regional restriction of some kind because there are screenshots of the app where you can clearly choose between frequency bands, which is all I want to do! Why would this not be allowed?!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast