Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

1400th Flight - July 16, 2018

pmshop

Spark Pilot Guru
Premium Pilot
Join
Oct 6, 2017
Loc
Fredericksburg, Texas, USA
Web
www.youtube.com
This may look familiar (Flight 1100) But this time with the DJI Spark using Litchi waypoints. I pretty much figured out what caused the slow downs and rapid spins - added waypoints to the original plot using original modes. With defaults, the Spark pauses at a waypoint unless you select curved waypoints. The added ones did not. Also the quick turns are from having "initial" selected for heading instead of changing to "auto". (Initial heading to the waypoint vs automatically facing the next waypoint)

This may look familiar (Flight 1100) But this time with the DJI Spark using Litchi waypoints. I pretty much figured out what caused the slow downs and rapid spins - added waypoints to the original plot using original modes. With defaults, the Spark pauses at a waypoint unless you select curved waypoints. The added ones did not. Also the quick turns are from having "initial" selected for heading instead of changing to "auto". (Initial heading to the waypoint vs automatically facing the next waypoint)

WOW! Way to go..
.Since the Spatk was only released in May of 2017 that means you have averaged 3 flites per day for approximately 455 days!

Reactions: pmshop
WOW! Way to go..
.Since the Spatk was only released in May of 2017 that means you have averaged 3 flites per day for approximately 455 days!

He has other drones too! I am betting thats the total for all flights...

Reactions: pmshop
WOW! Way to go..

Naw this is combined flights of my home made drones and Sparks since I started keeping records in December of 2015.

I will make another post but while studying for my Part 107, the instructor in a $50 class said "Now here is where you are going to kick yourself. Remember when you got your first drone and started flying? Log ALL the flight times. Because it does not matter if it is hobbyist flight hours or commercial flight hours...it is all flight hours. Say you walk into a commercial job and you mention 'I have 20 hours flight time'. The customer will be like 'that's nice'. But show you have 200 hours and it will be 'let's do business'."

Reactions: dudez
Awesome, congrats!! How many flights approx. on your Spark?

460 various flights with over 8 Sparks - 6 have been turned in for service and exchanged.
I have 2 Sparks in my regular fleet
And since I use Litchi, there are about 15 flights unaccounted for by DJI GO 4 database.

Very cool. Just curious, do you use "DJI care refresh" for any of the exchanges? I'm thinking about getting it....although I doubt i'll be flying anywhere near as much as you (but maybe crashing a lot more than you).

Have you kept track of how many crashes you've had? (if any)

Very cool. Just curious, do you use "DJI care refresh" for any of the exchanges? I'm thinking about getting it....although I doubt i'll be flying anywhere near as much as you (but maybe crashing a lot more than you).

Have you kept track of how many crashes you've had? (if any)

I have used two refresh on the 1st Spark and one on the 2nd Spark

There were 3 mfg warranty coverage too - including my first one on the 9th day - would not set a home point.

I have had three spark crashes - 2 user error and one ditch to prevent a fly-away.

This past May, DJI offered DJI Care Refresh +
An extended warranty beyond just Care Refresh
4 more exchanges over year two.

So I have to be careful with the first Spark until October 1st when the second year coverage kicks in :D
Spark two 2nd year kicks in October 27th

Yes, be careful...at least for the next 10 weeks, lol. I guess it's a no-brainer to get this "insurance" . Losing one to a fly away is probably every ones biggest fear! That and electrical wires, trees, and birds!

Congrats again on 1400 flights!!! That is HUGE!!!

Yes, be careful...at least for the next 10 weeks, lol. I guess it's a no-brainer to get this "insurance" . Losing one to a fly away is probably every ones biggest fear! That and electrical wires, trees, and birds!

Congrats again on 1400 flights!!! That is HUGE!!!

Thanks!

Just remember under normal circumstances you need to be able to turn in the Spark for exchange.
"Fly-Aways" are not normally covered unless they are attached to some malfunction.
Even splashdowns have to be recovered unless the logs prove otherwise.

Yeah it sure seems like there's a ton of bugs in these things...My fly more pack came this morning...It's been sitting on my table all day, unopened. I know once i open it I can't return it, and I have a feeling I should probably return it. I think you have the right idea...Buy 2 (with insurance), and then MAYBE you can have one operable most of the time. I keep asking myself if it's worth the hassle!

Yeah it sure seems like there's a ton of bugs in these things...My fly more pack came this morning...It's been sitting on my table all day, unopened. I know once i open it I can't return it, and I have a feeling I should probably return it. I think you have the right idea...Buy 2 (with insurance), and then MAYBE you can have one operable most of the time. I keep asking myself if it's worth the hassle!

Check my video catalog from October 2nd 2017 to now and you will see the rewards are greater than the failures.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NoeFolk502