Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Wisdom of using Unsupported Phones/Tablets

cdouble

Join
Dec 31, 2018
Looking for some advice on phone compatibility with DJI GO 4 using the OTG cable with my Spark controller. I have a Samsung S7 that is slowly dying, and have my eyes on either a Samsung A50 or Note 10. I've checked the PhantomHelp page (Best Tablets and Phones for DJI GO & DJI Fly (Updated Daily) | Phantom Help) and neither of those phones is "officially" supported by DJI but both have a small handful of "likes".

Looking for experience and recommendations. Should I...
1. Feel comfortable paying the $$ for an A50 or Note 10? Has anyone here committed to an unsupported phone and had either a great or terrible experience?
2. Buy an officially supported device dedicated to flying the Spark? What is the experience here with sub $100 devices? Wifi is fine (don't need cellular data), would want GPS, bright screen, and as large as possible while fitting into the controller arms. Thoughts?

Thanks

Looking for some advice on phone compatibility with DJI GO 4 using the OTG cable with my Spark controller. I have a Samsung S7 that is slowly dying, and have my eyes on either a Samsung A50 or Note 10. I've checked the PhantomHelp page (Best Tablets and Phones for DJI GO & DJI Fly (Updated Daily) | Phantom Help) and neither of those phones is "officially" supported by DJI but both have a small handful of "likes".

1. Feel comfortable paying the $$ for an A50 or Note 10? Has anyone here committed to an unsupported phone and had either a great or terrible experience?
2. Buy an officially supported device dedicated to flying the Spark? What is the experience here with sub $100 devices? Wifi is fine (don't need cellular data), would want GPS, bright screen, and as large as possible while fitting into the controller arms. Thoughts?

Thanks

Thanks
I bought a Motorola G6 plus some months ago because it had the brightest screen , 64 gigs memory, and Fits justly in RC. Shouldn't be 2 MM Longer. Price was attractieve because it is replaced by the G7 . G7 promises more but gives less . Screen is less bright etc.... Why I think this sounds so familiar when looking to mavic mini.
Anyway, go4 and litchi works without problems with OTG. Only Compass in radar go4 isn't working but i can live with that

My Galaxy S10+ works great.

I took the list from PhantomHelp to the phone store when I realized my old Motorola "Turbo" was causing trouble.

Thanks
I have The Samsung A-50. I have not used an OTG cable yet but intend to get one. So far my A-50 has worked great with wifi and I am very happy with the device overall. Grest phone for an incredible price.

I have The Samsung A-50. I have not used an OTG cable yet but intend to get one. So far my A-50 has worked great with wifi and I am very happy with the device overall. Grest phone for an incredible price.
Hi Flyng Flynn, im planning of buy a Mavic Mini, and i have a Samsung A50 phone, you can confirm the perfect compatibility ? Thank you very much if you can respond me. Regards Roby

Reactions: Flying Flynn
Hi Flyng Flynn, im planning of buy a Mavic Mini, and i have a Samsung A50 phone, you can confirm the perfect compatibility ? Thank you very much if you can respond me. Regards Roby
My phone worked well with wifi but once I got my OTG cable my distance performed even better. It is said that IOS works better than android with these drones but I have now flown 2000 feet at 300 ft altitude until losing signal.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast