Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Which IPAD

paul parisse

Join
Feb 12, 2018
Loc
Austin Texas
I have been on youtube trying to figure out what IPAD to get for the spark? I have an IPAD ios 6 that I am unable to download the dji go app.

1st question can anyone recommend a relatively inexpensive IPAD MINI that will work with the drone. I saw these specs are necessary:

7.9" Retina Display, 2048 x 1536 Resolution
Apple iOS 9, Dual-Core A8 Chip with Quad-Core Graphics
8 MP iSight Camera, 1080p HD Video Recording
16GB Capacity, Wi-Fi (802.11a/b/g/n/ac) + MIMO + Bluetooth

2nd question if you use the litchi app do you no longer need to worry about the dji go app?

I'm happy with iPad Mini 4. Wish it was brighter, but that can wait until I upgrade to a drone w/ Smart Controller. I got an iPad w/cellular capability so I can check right before flying when I'm away from home (I don't own a smartphone). After a few calls to Straighttalk Customer Service the iPad now connects to the internet via cellular data reliably.

The iPad Mini 4 is the sweet spot -- big price drop since newer model now available (see below). The mini 2 will likely become inadequate for DJI Go soon. Mini 5 is way more horsepower (and cost) than you need for drone use.

You can fly with Litchi alone but you would still need DJI Go (or Assistant 2) application for firmware upgrades.

Reactions: paul parisse
I use an iPad 6. It’s the newest iPad but although it has been pumped up a bit with performance it’s still relatively cheap in relation to the Pro. Also it is a decent screen and I have to say size matters in my case! as I have to wear my driving glasses (not varifocals) to keep eyes on the AC. There are some good sun hoods on Amazon so you really can see your data in full sun. Good luck with your decision.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayitsomar