Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Vision sensor error

psykosknik

Join
Sep 12, 2017
Hello,

I have borrowed a iPad Air 2 wifi/4g (10.3.3) from work which is factory restored and only app installed is the DJI Go 4.

Upon connecting to the drone the app displays a warning the downward infrared sensor error (2). This message did not appear on my Samsung S7 edge. With additional testing it appears the object avoidances is very intermittent. I've only been able to palm land a few times. When the drone self lands it pretty much smacks the floor and reattempts to land.

011932q7z4m43k00p4mpp5.jpg

011917brzccg6i46rzbkcc.jpg

I have performed a firmware flash, compass and imu calibration.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Pete

Last edited:
I got nuthin', Pete.

I suggest contacting DJI, as frustrating as that may be...

Bummer dude! On my spark I had a tile attached to the bottom next to the sensors, about 2mm clear of them it was close enough to cause interference. Any chance you have something on the bottom?

The behavior I experienced was that even when the spark was 180 feet in the air as soon as I press down on the throttle it would would start beeping as in landing mode. This was because the infrared sensor thought it was 2.5ft off the ground.

Reactions: psykosknik
Hello,

I have borrowed a iPad Air 2 wifi/4g (10.3.3) from work which is factory restored and only app installed is the DJI Go 4.

Upon connecting to the drone the app displays a warning the downward infrared sensor error (2). This message did not appear on my Samsung S7 edge. With additional testing it appears the object avoidances is very intermittent. I've only been able to palm land a few times. When the drone self lands it pretty much smacks the floor and reattempts to land.

011932q7z4m43k00p4mpp5.jpg

011917brzccg6i46rzbkcc.jpg

I have performed a firmware flash, compass and imu calibration.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Pete
Sensors and downwards facing camera clean?

Thank you all for taking the time to read and reply to the post.

His145 - Yeah I'm shattered... The downward sensor doesn't appear to work at all since I received it but didn't know how it was supposed to function until recently as the error doesn't come up when connected to a android device. I did get it to work once when I tried palm launch, land and auto land it it smoothly and safely. Now when you perform the same it will launch from palm but not land and when you auto land it kinda slams on the floor and bounces all over the place. I'm thinking it might be a loose connection.

What do you guys see in the sensor menu? All i get is IMU 1 - Gyroscope and Accelerometer / Compass

The Editor - Yes sensors are clean with no scratches on the exterior. Not the clearest best picture...

Do you know if the flight logs will display what the sensor is reading?

20170919_072314 (Large).jpg

From what you describe regarding your past flight and landing, there is not that much to do more than what you already have done.
Contacting DJI for a warranty repair is probably your single option.
This thread (Spark attitude) there are also 2 other cases. One got a repair from DJI and one solved by downgrading the Go4 app.

From what you describe regarding your past flight and landing, there is not that much to do more than what you already have done.
Contacting DJI for a warranty repair is probably your single option.
This thread (Spark attitude) there are also 2 other cases. One got a repair from DJI and one solved by downgrading the Go4 app.
Thanks, i purchased the drone 2nd hand and dji wants a receipt which the seller cant provide. Guess i got scammed and need to stop being so trusting in others.

Im hoping its just a loose connection or part replacement... might open her up over the weekend.

Good luck, post some pics if you have the possibility.

Good luck, post some pics if you have the possibility.

I have been fortunate dealing with DJI. Due to the circumstances DJI warranted the Spark and I've sent it back to the repair center this evening. So hopefully it will come back in a couple weeks and I can see what the drone can do with the VPS sensor all working.

Hopefully this will teach me to check things thoroughly before handing over hard earned cash.

Happy for you, thanks for the feedback.

Morning all, just wanted to provide you with some good news!

DJI have been very supportive with my case and due to the special circumstances they have warranted the drone.

DJI provided a shipping label last Wednesday and was shipped that evening. Arrived at the repair centre on Friday evening. DJI have repaired the drone and sent it back yesterday. So I should be able to fly the drone for the first time properly next week!

Reactions: Spark 317
I
Morning all, just wanted to provide you with some good news!

DJI have been very supportive with my case and due to the special circumstances they have warranted the drone.

DJI provided a shipping label last Wednesday and was shipped that evening. Arrived at the repair centre on Friday evening. DJI have repaired the drone and sent it back yesterday. So I should be able to fly the drone for the first time properly next week!

Hi,
I’m having the same problems as you are with the avoidance no working correctly and slamming into the floor on landing.

My drone was flying great until I had to do the forced update. Since then the drone as been all over the place when it comes to the infared sensors . I’ve broken blades as the craft overturns due to the motors not switching off. Itso when you push the sticks down and out it flips the quad over.

I have no errors showing in the dji go 4 app at start up. The only thing showing is the compass calibration and I’ve done this so many times all to no improvement.

I have got the dji after care, so I can send it off unless anyone knows how to check / calibrate the infared sensors / avoidance system.

Is there anything I can try as a last resort.

Just go through support chat... They will make sure you reflash the firmware, reset the drone, calibrate compass and IMU.. if the issue still persists then they will send you a RMA to return the drone. The repair was free but quoted around $70ish

I’ve since spoken to Dji support. I told them what I had tried. In the end they said send it back for checking. Turned out it needed a new main board and both position sensors. The cost to repair was £254. Lookie for me they covered it under the warranty.

I normally judge a company by how well they solve issues. I can certainly say DJI have got it right, I’m very pleased with there level of services. They also turned my drone around in 8 days.

A big thank you DJI I really appreciate it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast