Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

TSA travel regs

SIDEHACK

Join
Jan 28, 2018
Hi all! I hope this is the right forum for this question. I am a new Spark owner and Forum member. I have a travel question regarding the TSA and drones.
Although I mostly tour by motorcycle, I occasionally choose to fly to a specific location and would like to bring my Spark with me. USA only. Does anyone have any knowledge/advice on what is the best way to do this while keeping the TSA happy?

You shouldn't have any problems with TSA. Just put it in your carry on baggage. Don't check it. Don't check any spare batteries. They must be carried on the the plane with you.

Reactions: SIDEHACK
Thanks! I thought as much. In anticipation of some air travel I have enough battery safe bags and a flip open back pack so all will be easily visible. My worry was them confiscating the drone and accessories. Losing the drone or having to cancel the flight would be more money than I care to even think about!

I took my spark on a three leg flight 1 month after it was released and no issues. I just carried the batteries in my carry on and checked the rest. No safe bags needed.

I took my spark on a three leg flight 1 month after it was released and no issues. I just carried the batteries in my carry on and checked the rest. No safe bags needed.
Thanks for the first hand info. I feel confident now that I won't have any problems. I believe I'll carry the whole package on. I have lost items from checked baggage in the past. Thanks again!

Reactions: ppc8240
I also have went on flights through a few airports with no problems. I have tsa pre and just have it in my backpack in the case it came in and it has went right through. No issues.

Traveling in the USA is not a problem at all. They rarely even look at my drones anymore. Early on they did, now they don't even open the case. NEVER check LiPo batteries, always in carry on. Also, if you are traveling to other countries always check with that country on their drone laws and always check with the airlines you are flying if out of the country about their rules. Some countries are not drone friendly. Also, if you don't find much info here on the SPark forum in a search, try one of our other forums like the Phantom forum as there are many, many threads on air travel with drones. The links are at the bottom of this page.

Thanks to all who replied. BIG help!
This has been a great first day on the Forum. I have been building and flying quads for about 4 years now and this is one of the most responsive I've been on. It's a keeper!

Reactions: LuvMyTJ

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayitsomar