Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Spark won't beep

Davezilla

Join
Dec 25, 2017
Ok, collective mind,
So you know how after turning on the bird, you hold the power button down
for 3 seconds/one beep - to link with remote
for 6 sec/two beeps - to link with phone/tablet
and 9 sec/three beeps - to reset the bird?

Well, when I hold the button it doesn't beep anymore and I can't link to either RC or tablet. When I turn the Spark off, the right light of the battery stays lit while shutting down, that I don't remember happening before.

Thoughts?

On mine, I have 2 blinks of the right LED during the shutdown.
If I do it just on the battery without the Spark, then there is no extra LED activated.

I had this problem with my Spark.
The only way I fixed it was to install the older 0800 version of Firmware.
Now seems to be working fine.

I had this problem with my Spark.
The only way I fixed it was to install the older 0800 version of Firmware.
Now seems to be working fine.

Interesting. How did you do that if you weren't able to link to the Spark? I tried to do it by connecting directly to my computer with a cord and using DJI Assist, but the computer doesn't even see the Spark - never shows up...

Interesting. How did you do that if you weren't able to link to the Spark? I tried to do it by connecting directly to my computer with a cord and using DJI Assist, but the computer doesn't even see the Spark - never shows up...
Was it working with DJI assistant before or it is your first try now?
I had hard time the first time I tried DJI assistant, the wrong driver for USB was used, so no Spark detected. Had to uninstall/reinstall several times.

I was able to connect the computer with the Spark. I did reboot the computer after installing the DJI Assist software.
And it did take a few attempts. Before the DJI Assist saw the Spark.
I tried opening software first and then connecting Spark, also connecting Spark then opening software.
Pretty frustrating. But finally worked.

Hmm, interesting. It was my first time with Assistant, but I used to always download the photos and videos through a cable and never had a problem recognizing the Spark. But I'll give it a try.

Hmm, interesting. It was my first time with Assistant, but I used to always download the photos and videos through a cable and never had a problem recognizing the Spark. But I'll give it a try.
Having the Spark seen as a drive is one thing (at least a good sign). Having DJI assistant recognizing the Spark is another. It uses drivers that can be sometimes corrupted or already present with different version.

Ok, I was unable to get Assistant to recognize the Spark and it continues to not show up on the computer even when linked by cable.
I'm thinking someone is going to have to open the Spark up to fix something. Anyone have ideas of what I could do?

Is the Spark powering correctly (beep and status lights)?
Has it flown correctly one time?
Did you tried another battery?

Is the Spark powering correctly (beep and status lights)?
Has it flown correctly one time?
Did you tried another battery?

Yes, it turns on, gets to the blinking yellow lights, etc. But when I hold the power button it no longer beeps.
Yes, I've flown it for months with no problems until this all of a sudden. I use it one day, the next day it's like this...
Yes, my three batteries are all the same.

Last think you could try is on a fresh computer with DJI assistant and then try if it works a firmware refresh.
Otherwise, it sounds like a repair of the Spark itself, sorry about that.

Last idea but somehow stupid I don't see too much the technical reason is to try another uSD card and without memory card at all. I remember one saying it solved his issue.

Ok, collective mind,
So you know how after turning on the bird, you hold the power button down
for 3 seconds/one beep - to link with remote
for 6 sec/two beeps - to link with phone/tablet
and 9 sec/three beeps - to reset the bird?

Well, when I hold the button it doesn't beep anymore and I can't link to either RC or tablet. When I turn the Spark off, the right light of the battery stays lit while shutting down, that I don't remember happening before.

Thoughts?
hello sir
i have same issue if you have solved your issue plz tell how i can solve it too and my spark is new naver used just i unbox my spark and facing this issue plz help sir
i am from oman its in gcc and we dont have any dji shop or servise cent in our country
if any one know how to solve this issue plz contact me soon as possible 0096893937133 on whats app

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
d beard