Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Spark surpassing RTH height limit

Julian534

Join
May 31, 2018
Hey all,

I’m new to the spark and loving it so far. Something odd happened last night when I was flying.

During my first flight I was a couple thousand feet out and initiated RTH. The spark immediately stated to ascend, surpassing my elevation limit of 300. It kept going rather quickly until I stopped it at roughly 452 feet since that’s obviously past the FAA limit. I brought it back down under 400 and returned it home manually. I checked what I had the RTH altitude set at and it was 130 I believe, certainly nothing above 400.

I then did a second flight this time flying close by and using sport mode to have fun. At the end I decided to fly it out a 100 or so feet and try RTH again. Same thing it immediately climbed past my RTH altitude limit into the 300’s before I stopped it and brought it back.

Attached is a screenshot of what came up when RTH was activated. It says the minimum elevation for RTH was set at 492feet it I would have never set it that high.

I did some research and it appears this was a bug with the phantom that may have since been resolved.

Any other spark owners experience this? Know all firmware and app versions are up to date.

Attachments

• 22204F60-7791-465A-9190-DFAEE4620D7E.jpeg
    22204F60-7791-465A-9190-DFAEE4620D7E.jpeg
    102 KB · Views: 54
My android app is in feet, and my ios version is in meters. Not sure why they are different, but that's the way they came. There are also some other differences in those apps for go4

And as an FYI, the Standard is in meters on Android, while rest of telemetry is in chosen imperial. Go figure. Had to learn metric conversions in my head. Ouch.

I made a small conversion list and taped it down the side of my mini4.

Time saver.:)

Did you know the official system of measures in USA is metric. You are a recalcitrant nation!
But, the official international measure for altitude is feet. Farenheit it's confusing!
If you think metric your Spark will behave like you expect.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayitsomar