Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Registration for drones. Source time magazine

4thdpi@gmail

Join
Mar 7, 2019
Methodology: The Federal Aviation Administration’s registration data contains 38,975 records for the United States for a total of 459,384 drones. For each record, we matched the zip code to its county. In the occasional case where a zip code spans multiple counties, the zip code was matched to the county with the largest population. A total of 2,049 drones could not be matched to a county due to invalid zip codes in the original dataset. For per capita calculations, we used the 2015 population estimates for the counties. Some drone owners register multiple drones, so the numbers here represent the minimum number of drones

Only 8.5 % drones registered in usa. 92 percent unregistered drones usa the faa should concentrate on Boeing max 8 that murdered over 300 people. Has a drone killed anyone that u know of

Reactions: graywoulf
Didnt we expect that? The faa will never be able to manage drones.

It is more likely that FAA will make consumer drones illegal than it is they will effectively regulate and manage them.

The manpower and expense in enforcement and prosecution is prohibitive. There is practically zero money for this right now.

The government is so out of touch with technology that the Vice President just yesterday announced the US will have a man on the moon with 5 years - it took the whole space industry by surprise - the budget just got cut, the government shut down and nobody has even designed a lunar landing module for 50+ years.

And last month Trump said we should skip 5G cellular technology and leapfrog directly to 6G - nobody told him that doesn't even exist. It's a joke and it's getting worse instead of better.

Only 8.5 % drones registered in usa. 92 percent unregistered drones usa the faa should concentrate on Boeing max 8 that murdered over 300 people. Has a drone killed anyone that u know of

That math is total nonsense. Hobbyists register themselves and not their drones.

On the initial Section 336 registration you just show your first drone. For example, I have ONE registration (me) but I own SIX drones. That "study" would say I have 5 unregistered drones - so what - they are not supposed to be registered.

Doesn't make sense on any level.

But for future reference I suspect one day they will change that rule and make us list every drone we own (just like it is for Part 107 pilots)

That math is total nonsense. Hobbyists register themselves and not their drones.

On the initial Section 336 registration you just show your first drone. For example, I have ONE registration (me) but I own SIX drones. That "study" would say I have 5 unregistered drones - so what - they are not supposed to be registered.

Doesn't make sense on any level.

But for future reference I suspect one day they will change that rule and make us list every drone we own (just like it is for Part 107 pilots)

BINGO!

I have over 30 sUAS in my possession right now and of those:

4 are registered Commercially (3 FAA# and 1 N#) and all of the others are recreational only so they all fall under my one Recreational Reg#. My inventory alone completely blows this theory out of the water and someone hasn't been doing their homework very well when they wrote the original report.

Reactions: McCloudSpark
Methodology: The Federal Aviation Administration’s registration data contains 38,975 records for the United States for a total of 459,384 drones. For each record, we matched the zip code to its county. In the occasional case where a zip code spans multiple counties, the zip code was matched to the county with the largest population. A total of 2,049 drones could not be matched to a county due to invalid zip codes in the original dataset. For per capita calculations, we used the 2015 population estimates for the counties. Some drone owners register multiple drones, so the numbers here represent the minimum number of drones
What article?
Did you just post a random quote from the magazine?
Post a link?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayitsomar