Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Otg dillema.

On my Android phone (Moto Z2 Play), the phone defaults to "usb charge" when I plug in the OTG cable. I simply swipe down on the screen and change the USB setting.

Ron_Dog- use iOS (iPhone 7 and iPad mini 2) and android (Samsung Galaxy J3 Pro). Both perform better for me with OTG.

Ron_Dog- I started seeing results with OTG when I:

1. put my phone in Airplane Mode
2. Disabled bluetooth

That made all the difference in range and FPV perormance for me over straight WIFI connection from remote to phone.
Bluetooth is good to be off, when flying spark, regardless of the connection method.

I see some users claiming that range is better with otg cable. How does it affect range?

Reactions: Driverman930
Ron_Dog- use iOS (iPhone 7 and iPad mini 2) and android (Samsung Galaxy J3 Pro). Both perform better for me with OTG.
Using my iOS devices, I don't see any difference.

Instead, there is a huge difference in range, between CE and FCC mode.

Ron_Dog- I started seeing results with OTG when I:

1. put my phone in Airplane Mode
2. Disabled bluetooth

That made all the difference in range and FPV perormance for me over straight WIFI connection from remote to phone.
I run mine the same way and never any trouble!

Now I understand. Thank you.
Thank you for your knowledge and makes good sense. Just didn't imagine one question would encourage a war of words. Think I will leave this forum site. Came here for help only. Good flying and filming wished for all.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Delf