Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

OTG Cable

Well I can't even get the OTG cable to work with my Galaxy S7, Tried all sorts of things, but, still nothing. Any suggestions?
Have you enabled the Developer Options? On my Samsung Galaxy S8 it's working only with disabled it while on my Samsung Tab A6 (2016) i have to turn it on.

Well I can't even get the OTG cable to work with my Galaxy S7, Tried all sorts of things, but, still nothing. Any suggestions?

I have an s7 and used the regular USB cable that came with the Spark and the OTG thingy that came with the phone.

Seemed to work in the past but haven't tried recently.

Reactions: matty4
Have you enabled the Developer Options? On my Samsung Galaxy S8 it's working only with disabled it while on my Samsung Tab A6 (2016) i have to turn it on.
no haven't tried that, ill give it a go. cheers

ok cheer ill give that a go, if not, ill try a new cable. cheers for the info
I have 1/2 a dozen USB cables lying around and only one works with the OTG so yeah trying a different cable may work.

I have 1/2 a dozen USB cables lying around and only one works with the OTG so yeah trying a different cable may work.
wow that's strange hey. ok well my otg cable doesn't work so will look at getting a few others to try. cheers

Obviously using the OTG is the best solution, specially with a phone like mine that jump from a wifi to another randomly, imagine if my phone decide to switch from RC to Spark...bye bye Spark.
I use OTG cable since day 1 and shut down Wifi on my smartphone the RC won't have any wifi interference + all its wifi capacity will be targeted towards the Spark

Obviously using the OTG is the best solution, specially with a phone like mine that jump from a wifi to another randomly, imagine if my phone decide to switch from RC to Spark...bye bye Spark.
I use OTG cable since day 1 and shut down Wifi on my smartphone the RC won't have any wifi interference + all its wifi capacity will be targeted towards the Spark
When using a controller, spark's WiFi is no longer available, so your phone cannot jump to this.

Also, controller communicates with Sparc via a WiFi transmitter, and with smartphone with another (transmitter). So, actually cannot target more power to spark connection, using otg cable.

Actually it tried to jump from RC to my home router, I loosed connection to the RC on day 1, that's why I used the OTG right after and never looked back.
As for @matty4 I recommend using OTG cable specially made for Dji drones with Micro USB to USB C like this one https://www.amazon.com/BonFook-Comp...keywords=otg+dji+spark+type+c#customerReviews BTW they sent me 2 cables, one for Type C Android smartphones (HTC,Samsung,LG...) and one for iphones.
Some OTG are one way data so they won't work but these cables made for drones work perfectly

Hi my S7 won't connect via OTG now either but my S9 does.
I don't know if the S7 is supported anymore.

Hi my S7 won't connect via OTG now either but my S9 does.
I don't know if the S7 is supported anymore.
I've enabled the developer option on the S7 but it's still just seems to think it's a cable to charge the controller. The controller LEDs start flashing the same as when you're charging it

I've enabled the developer option on the S7 but it's still just seems to think it's a cable to charge the controller. The controller LEDs start flashing the same as when you're charging it
No idea why that is happening. All I can think is it's the cable.
I'm using the cable from my Gamesir Controller with the OTG. Maybe your cable allows to much power through? You are putting the OTG into the controller and not the phone right? Because it definitely won't work plugged into the phone.
I have a low Spec Oppo F1s and it works fantastic.

Reactions: rich777
Actually it tried to jump from RC to my home router, I loosed connection to the RC on day 1, that's why I used the OTG right after and never looked back.
As for @matty4 I recommend using OTG cable specially made for Dji drones with Micro USB to USB C like this one https://www.amazon.com/BonFook-Comp...keywords=otg+dji+spark+type+c#customerReviews BTW they sent me 2 cables, one for Type C Android smartphones (HTC,Samsung,LG...) and one for iphones.
Some OTG are one way data so they won't work but these cables made for drones work perfectly
Ok that sounds like a plan. I'll have to do something, thanks so much for your help, see how i go

Cheers for the link,

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayitsomar