Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

OTG cable issues

Marno Denner

Join
Apr 14, 2018
Loc
South Africa
Hey guys i haven't used my spark in a few months after charging the batteries and turning everything on i got a remote and aircraft firmware update after updating both to the latest version (.1000) the freaking OTG cable dont want to work.

Does anyone know why? Another issue is that i cant fly far without the OTG cable (about 100m) then i start losing signal and cant see anything on my screen. With the OTG cable i can fly a bit further (about 200m) then the same issue occurs.

Im using a Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus.

Any idea what the hell might be wrong?

It seems that u fly in Europe (CE) where controller's emitting power is limited. Lots of posts and Utube videos to explain the issue and how to force in FCC mode where emitting power is stronger.

It seems that u fly in Europe (CE) where controller's emitting power is limited. Lots of posts and Utube videos to explain the issue and how to force in FCC mode where emitting power is stronger.
Thank you super much i will look into it tonight and keep you guys posted

Are you sure you did it successfully?

While being in FCC mode, you should have less channels.
Just tested again it seems like my gps resets itself so i can not stay in FCC mode. Can you maybe point me into the right direction to qhere i can find something that works

Just tested again it seems like my gps resets itself so i can not stay in FCC mode. Can you maybe point me into the right direction to qhere i can find something that works

Umm? South Africa is not in Europe, so are we CE?
How can one verify if you are CE or FCC?

Hey guys i haven't used my spark in a few months after charging the batteries and turning everything on i got a remote and aircraft firmware update after updating both to the latest version (.1000) the freaking OTG cable dont want to work.

Does anyone know why? Another issue is that i cant fly far without the OTG cable (about 100m) then i start losing signal and cant see anything on my screen. With the OTG cable i can fly a bit further (about 200m) then the same issue occurs.

Im using a Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus.

Any idea what the hell might be wrong?

Download the DJI GO 4 mod. Better range and better features

Google play

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181004-201551.png
    Screenshot_20181004-201551.png
    179.3 KB · Views: 26
Okay thanks guys massive improvement after downloading the DJI go 4 mod app. Where i use to fly only only 100m i can go out almost at 500m. BUT..... the downlink SUCKS, and the aircraft went into atti mode about 3 or 4 times or it will just disconnect and reconnect which made me almost poop my pants.

On the plus my OTG cable works again and seems to be more stable than connecting to the RC via wifi.

Any thoughts on what i discovered are more than welcome.

Usually, atti mode means compass or GPS interference. Check always the number of satellites you "see" before takeoff, and remember that buildings, trees, and other obstacles, even the clouds, may reduce satellites, causing atti mode.

Downlink never was Spark's strong advantage, but it depends on the connection setup you use, the device, the place you are flying at, even the version of go4 app and the firmware. Actual video stored in the SD card, must be ok, though.

sorry for your problems but pleased to hear about them !

when i started with my spark i had nothing but problems getting the otg connection to work until i received this one:-
"I just told you that you need to downgrade and everything will be back to normal
smile.gif

Either install the version that you had before and that was working well or install 4.1.15 or 4.2.12
Download from apkmirror"

did just that (4.1.15) and everything worked well from that point on - although i'm uk based

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Delf