Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

My spark went in for repair and replaced main board. I wouldn't RTH when I got it back. Sent it back and they said it had water damage water.

jhalter123

Join
Mar 23, 2019
My spark went in for repair and replaced main board. I wouldn't RTH when I got it back. Sent it back and they said it had water damage water damage Dry and warm conditions when I flied.?

My spark went in for repair and replaced main board. I wouldn't RTH when I got it back. Sent it back and they said it had water damage water damage Dry and warm conditions when I flied.?

Unfortunately with DJI Care you don't get your problem fixed and your original drone fixed and returned home. Instead your broken Spark goes into the repair queue and eventually gets fixed and forwarded to some other bloke along with all of your issues.

You will inherit somebody else's problem (water damage) when you get a refurbished unit delivered. It's the circle of life... DJI style.

Reactions: McCloudSpark
Starting to think dji care is a waste . I have it on my spark and Mavic . I would rather get mine repaired than receive a refurb.. although I’m guessing most of the time they give you a good one ... I’ve sent my phantom out to DJI authorized repair place in NYC (Camrise)and they were reasonably priced and did good job. New motors and bottom shell..

As I read the DJI Refresh information, my understanding is that they will assess your repair work and you either pay for it or get a replacement, your choice. My thinking is it is worth the $120 ($60 for policy, $60 for replacement) if a have a total crash or drop it in the water and recover it. All other repairs I would assess local repair vs. sending it in based on severity.

Many people think insurance is a waste. It really is just a form of spend some money so you have more options in the event of an issue. Like car insurance, sometimes a fender bender is better to pay cash versus submit a claim and have rates impacted.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NoeFolk502