Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Lost spark - no gps

I had a DJI manger call me today. After a lengthy conversation he kept going back to I was flying in ATTI mode and thus I fly at my own risk. It didn't matter any logical points I brought out the DJI manger kept saying basically 'so what, you flew in ATTI mode.' He still was unable to answer 3 main questions:
1) If ATTI mode is so dangerous, why is there a not greater warning when the drone goes into this mode all by itself? The warning was so small I did not even notice it! When you take off there is an audible warning and a popup you must acknowledge by pressing OK. When you want to land there is an audible warning and you further you must click OK on a popup, since they say they won't replace my drone because it was in ATTI mode (which ends up being possibly a very dangerous mode) then why is no audible warning and popup to acknowledge I am willing to take the risk? DJI has failed us and thus should replace my drone!
2) When my drone 400-500 feet away it lost radio connection to my controller. The DJI manager said it was because the GPS signal was lost, yet he also admitted you can fly without GPS, and 500' is well within range of the controller. He was unwilling to admit this loss of connection was a defect, basically saying the ATTI trumps any other defect I brought out. When it comes down to it, ATTI mode or not, it should not have connection that close no matter excuse he comes up with.
3) When the Drone lost RF connection it just kept flying away. How dangerous it that? Hopefully it didn't hit anyone or cause an accident. When losing connection it was supposed to return to the home point, but with no GPS it couldn't so apparently just kept flying. What a dangerous design disaster! Why isn't it designed to fail safe over to hovering when GPS is lost? The DJI manger said if I had set it to hover instead of Return to Home, it would have hovered. Had this Drone brought down a plane or killed a kid, DJI would certainly be sued for this design flaw, so they certainly should replace my Drone

Flight logs should be the first thing you should be looking at, try to locate and assume where it has landed. This is why we need trackers for drones or hope someday they could make a built-in tracker inside a drone. That would be very convenient and useful.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ariadef