Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

losing connection at close range around a subject

scuba1chef1

Join
Nov 1, 2018
so I'm very new to dji spark and drones, I've got the remote and it seems that I have to keep the spark Insite to keep it connected?

I only flew it around my house, it went out of site and lost connection? i was only standing in the garden.. soon as i moved the anteners or held up the remote it connected? is that normal?

That depends on where you live. In Europe, the transmitting power of the WiFi on your remote is reduced and therefore you will experience connection loss not only at shorter distances than in other parts of the world, but it will also reduce connectivity around objects.

No obstacle between RC and spark or you will loose control. Always face flat side of antennas toward spark or you will loose control if you fly away.
Always set appropriate altitude for RTH, taking your environement into accoubt

No obstacle between RC and spark or you will loose control. Always face flat side of antennas toward spark or you will loose control if you fly away.
Always set appropriate altitude for RTH, taking your environement into accoubt
If you have RC then you need also OTG. Apon connecting, go into airplane mode. Don't rely on wifi for anything

Airplane mode on your mobile is what I mean. Last thing you need is an incoming call during flight haha

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast