Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

If there's a gust, etc., will the Spark return precisely to it's original hover position/altitude?

NewYorkJack

Join
Dec 13, 2017
Assuming Home Point has been set, excellent compass/IMU setting, and 17+ GPS satellites.

If I'm hovering precisely at position "A" and a gust of wind overpowers and causes it to drift/move a few feet away, will it return back to it's original "A" position?

And what about altitude? If I'm hovering precisely at 15 feet. And if something causes it to go up or down a few feet, will it return back to its last hovering altitude?

I would like to have it hover at a mountain bike park over me as I'm riding and have it record. Curious to know if it'll eventually drift out of focus or hit one of the tall trees that circle the mountain bike park/field. (Not interested in active tracking as I want the whole view of the park, with me and some friends playing it, and not follow us)

Thanks in advance!

Assuming Home Point has been set, excellent compass/IMU setting, and 17+ GPS satellites.

If I'm hovering precisely at position "A" and a gust of wind overpowers and causes it to drift/move a few feet away, will it return back to it's original "A" position?

And what about altitude? If I'm hovering precisely at 15 feet. And if something causes it to go up or down a few feet, will it return back to its last hovering altitude?

I would like to have it hover at a mountain bike park over me as I'm riding and have it record. Curious to know if it'll eventually drift out of focus or hit one of the tall trees that circle the mountain bike park/field. (Not interested in active tracking as I want the whole view of the park, with me and some friends playing it, and not follow us)

Thanks in advance!

The Spark will try to maintain its track and positioning in accordance with GPS signal. That said, it's not perfect and GPS accuracy can vary by feet. If you're flying through an area that has trees at the same/close to the altitude of the aircraft, it could with wind gusts, etc., impact a tree. If you are flying above the tallest trees in the area, you should be OK.

The Spark will try to maintain its track and positioning in accordance with GPS signal. That said, it's not perfect and GPS accuracy can vary by feet. If you're flying through an area that has trees at the same/close to the altitude of the aircraft, it could with wind gusts, etc., impact a tree. If you are flying above the tallest trees in the area, you should be OK.

Thanks DesertWindAero. Will definitely fly it above the tree lines. Was just wondering if the Spark gets pushed by gust of wind and moves several feet, causing us to come out it's recording field of view. Will the Spark return back to it's original location on its own as soon as the wind dies down, getting us back into frame?

Thanks in advance!
"Precisely" ... no.
Approximately ... yes.

Thanks DesertWindAero. Will definitely fly it above the tree lines. Was just wondering if the Spark gets pushed by gust of wind and moves several feet, causing us to come out it's recording field of view. Will the Spark return back to it's original location on its own as soon as the wind dies down, getting us back into frame?

What @beachcombing said.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ariadef