Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

GPS issues

DroneDan

Join
Jan 5, 2018
Anyone have experience with GPS issues that would be willing to take a look at my flight logs for advice?
120+ flights with no full flight GPS lock and a hand full of RTH positions actually set.
Many locations with plenty of calibrations.
Used side by side with another spark (poor stranger) with full GPS lock on his yet in and out on mine.

DJI New Zealand said it would need to be sent away for testing - meaning 8weeks no drone that I'm not too keen on.

My Spark Flew away after 11 seconds of flight in a completely unobstructed and remote place. At 500 feet away the Drone dropped reception to the controller and just flew away at 35 MPH never to be seen again. It could have flew into a highway traffic, kids in a park, path of an airplane. DJI looked at the flight data and said because it was in ATTI mode it was totally my fault. I feel this is ridiculous. They refuse to answer these questions:
1) Even thought it was in ATTI why did it loose connection to my controller in a remote area with no RF interference or physical obstructions?
2) There are audible warnings about taking off, landing, low battery, etc. but if you are at such a risk of losing your Drone when unknowing it is in ATTI mode, why is there not a similar warning?
3) The area I was at had STRONG GPS signal which I tested, why will they not answer my question why the failure of the GPS was not the true problem. Search the GPS issues with Spark and see how many have had iGPS issues!
4) When the Drone lost connectivity to the controller, why did it not stop and hover as they said it should have done? I could have retrieved it had this happened.
I believe DJI should replace my Drone for 3 reasons:
a) GPS failure
b) Drone did not stop and hover when losing connectivity (thus could result in very dangerous consequences). Two DJI agents said it should have stopped by design.
c) Inadequate warnings when flying in a dangerous condition they call ATTI mode
I look forward to DJI answering these points

I'd had my drone for a few months before taking my Spark with me on holiday in Hong Kong. After we returned, it was my first flight back in Australia when I lost control of my Spark during a regular flight in my usual spot. I regained control, but after that flight is when the GPS locked.
I downloaded the DJI assistant2 and restored factory settings. I took it out today and no problems. Not sure if it will work in your case, but maybe worth a shot.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dmizzoni