Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Gimbal screws falling out!

RedneckMechanic

Join
Oct 19, 2017
Loc
Oregon
Just tried to fly my Spark and it gave me a warning to remove the gimbal guard. Which I do not have. Checked the gimbal and under initial investigation, found everything fine. Swapped batteries and the warning went away. However, I noticed that the camera was facing down slightly when powered up. Rotated the gimbal via the remote and didn't have any issues moving it. Took her up into the air and the video feed was super jittery and I got a gimbal motor overload warning. Brought her back down and palm landed her and noticed that the gimbal was hanging funny. Looked closer and found that one screw was completely gone and the other had backed halfway out... What the hell? It's definitely not a user serviceable item. You'd have to disassemble the entire craft to get to the screws. Guess I'll be calling DJI tomorrow...

Update: Shipped out my Spark last Wednesday to have DJI fix it. Just got notification today that they are going to replace the gimbal/camera unit under warranty. And now the long wait for her to come back... Which is probably fine since the winds have been blowing pretty hard here lately.

That just happened to my Spark with both screws gone and the Spark looking like its eyeball had popped out hanging on its optic nerve! A return is in progress.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ariadef