Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Flight Record, data terminates after 6 seconds

Barbara

Join
Dec 25, 2018
Loc
Algoma District, North Shore, Ontario
Here's a strange one. Yesterday I went out and flew three batteries worth of flights. All was normal throughout all three flights. Video from all three flights was recorded. When I got home, I checked the flight logs, two were fine, the third (my first flight) terminated at 6.7 seconds.

Data was normal for those first six seconds. Battery voltages, signals etc, all good. Last notifications was "Mode Switched to P-GPS" (16 satellites), then nothing. I flew for ten minutes, no problems.

Any ideas?

Had a similar thing happen months ago where the flightlog for a prticular flight was missing in its entirety. Assumed it was my mistake. I'm ging to make note of which battery I was using, just in case. Only thing I can think of.

Reactions: GeoM1
Did the app crash in between while you were flying? Sometimes if it happens, the flight log is not recorded completely.

Reactions: pmshop
Did the app crash in between while you were flying? Sometimes if it happens, the flight log is not recorded completely.
Nope, no crash, everything worked flawlessly. Went out again the next day and flew three batteries worth of flights (same batteries). Flight records were all there.

It's a mystery to me.

That has happened to me too. A couple of times perhaps. For me, unless I learn otherwise, I think I’m the cause:

Sometimes starting a flight is precarious, whether due to rough terrain, climate, or shortness of time, and knowing that I can forget to start video, I might even unintentionally stop a video that I had already started. And it’s not too difficult to bump the video button on the controller.

In many instances I only have one flight, so one chance to get good video. I need to just chill a bit and pay attention not only to the flight but to all the indicators as well.

Cheers

GeoM1; the OP is not talking about video, he's talking about flight logs. Different animal altogether. Flight logs are recorded every flight, whether you are taking video/pics or not.

I, too, have had a couple of instances of flight logs not showing up or being truncated. Rare, but enough to notice. I haven't been able to narrow down any consistent conditions during those lost logs.

Reactions: GeoM1

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ariadef