Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Drone Harmony

dazza

Join
Sep 21, 2018
Hi guys and gals. Has anyone tried drone harmony? Is it worth getting? Looks great in ads. And if so, is pro worth financial commitment or just go basic?

Hi Dazza,
Yes I'm trying it and done a few missions that I planned at home on a tablet then went out and flew them without problems. It seems to be aimed at survey missions but there is quite a lot of other stuff I have yet to try. At the site I had to modify the take off and landing as there were power cables overhead but it was easy to do. The free trial is good to see if it suits, as with all these things there is a learning curve. It seem to insist on OTG, which I always use anyway, so not sure if it works with wifi. You can still do all the usual manual flying, hand take off and landing etc. I'm trying the basic, pro is not for me.

Reactions: Haggi
Hi Dazza,
Yes I'm trying it and done a few missions that I planned at home on a tablet then went out and flew them without problems. It seems to be aimed at survey missions but there is quite a lot of other stuff I have yet to try. At the site I had to modify the take off and landing as there were power cables overhead but it was easy to do. The free trial is good to see if it suits, as with all these things there is a learning curve. It seem to insist on OTG, which I always use anyway, so not sure if it works with wifi. You can still do all the usual manual flying, hand take off and landing etc. I'm trying the basic, pro is not for me.
Do you know if you can say do a take off at point A and fly a mile and land at point B without having to land wherever the homepoint was set when you took off back at point A? I just downloaded the free app and plan to try in the next few days (too windy today to attempt).

I just downloaded the free trial and flew a couple short missions early this morning. Works great for the Way Point manual selections (only part I've tried). My main complaint is that it limits the speed of the drone to a max of 13.4 mph. I want to see if it will actually fly from point A takeoff and fly a few thousand feed and land at what I program to be point B. It shows a HomePoint when I take off, so not sure if it will force the drone to land at the homepoint if it loses signal. You do have the option to complete the mission and not return immediately if signal is lost, but don't know if after it completes the mission will it try to return home to the set HomePoint.

Do you know if you can say do a take off at point A and fly a mile and land at point B without having to land wherever the homepoint was set when you took off back at point A? I just downloaded the free app and plan to try in the next few days (too windy today to attempt).
Not sure about that as I have not tried to do manual waypoint missions.
Maybe worth contacting them for an answer they are fairly responsive.

Last edited:
I was checking one of my DH flights on airdata as I had had an anomaly during a top down flight. The spark was 469 feet away, the flight path had curved slightly away from track and it slowed and changed to pgps by itself. I got a message did I wish to continue? I pressed yes and the data was sent and it went back to waypoint mode and carried on till I decided to bring it home. If this was a momentary disconnection it did not RTH but hovered awaiting instruction.

Want to try with a friend - set up a waypoint mission to take off where I am at and fly a way out and land where he is at. Just curious if it will work that way (even if it loses signal with the remote). Also, wondering if DH limitation of max speed of 13.4 mph is similar to other waypoint apps that are available out there or just limited to Drone Harmony.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast