Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Charging Controller

I'm having the same issue I have the controller it came with a small black Cable when plugged in no lights light up blinking to show charging . The cable doesn't seem to fit very well In the port??
This is a joke right? That cable would NOT have been supplied with the RC... I'm not sure how people have issues plugging in cables, it is easy to see that the pin in the RC port is closer to the bottom of the RC and one glance at the end of the micro USB cable shows it will only fit one way. It seems to me that some people are just forcing the plug in the wrong way around and damaging the pin inside the controller....

Hi...I was wondering if anyone had any experience with an epever tracer series mppt. Specifically with the advanced battery charge settings. I have changed the parameters for equalization to 15.60, but I never see the mppt actually charge at this level. Any help would be appreciated. I have come to know that pcb assembly and its components are not assembled on the board for this rating of charge to tolerate it.

Last edited:
Yeah, DJI really dropped the ball with their USB-micro port on the RC. It has a rectangular outer shape instead of the standard trapezoid, making it difficult to judge which way is up. Major fail.

Yeah, DJI really dropped the ball with their USB-micro port on the RC. It has a rectangular outer shape instead of the standard trapezoid, making it difficult to judge which way is up. Major fail.
I noticed this as well today unboxing my spark. From the odd shape of the port at first I thought it was a usb c or something. Just weird.

Reactions: nilanjan118
Yes, it's a bad design. We all have trouble identifying which way the cable will go in. I have now marked "UP" and "DOWN" on both my charging cable and OTG cable so that I do not have to microscopically examine the ports each time as illustrated in post #25 above.

It has a rectangular outer shape instead of the standard trapezoid, making it difficult to judge which way is up.
The trapezoidal shape on most devices actually ensures that you cannot force the port in the wrong way and damage the pins. In fact there is a term for such mistake proofing. It is Japanese in origin and is called Poka-yoke. Quite surprising that the Chinese designers didn't borrow this concept from their Japanese neighbors.

Last edited:
Reactions: Spark 317

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Delf