Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Careful! Jan 3, 2020 Android 10 update kills GO4

I did a quick Google search and from the DJI Forum, it has been a problem since September 2019 when it was released.

I didn't find an answer other than make sure the Go4 was up to date and possibly fly with the device in Safe Mode to see if it helps.

My Droids are still on 9 and won't update.

Maybe too old?

Tentoes, I'm sure it's DJI's GO4 app that needs updating. Have you tried deleting the GO4 app and reinstalling? My Galaxy 10 updated itself last night too. Thankfully, I fly with an iPad mini4.

If nothing else you can buy a cheap phone, not connected to a network, and use it just to fly your Spark.

Deleted and reinstalled GO4 and it doesn't exit as soon as it starts any more. I'll try it later today.

I was using GO4 on Android 10 in Sept of 19. Worked fine all along.

Reactions: Dragonfly Joe
Daily driver phone is a Note 9, I decided to break out the old phone, a Pixel 2 XL, which I quit using in July, to serve as a dedicated flying assistant, in order to avoid bluetooth interference from watch, background app interference, etc. cranked it up for the first time, since I switched to the Note 9, and it immediately prompted me to update to 10, which I have yet to do, the Note 9 is still on 9, although I think Verizon is supposed to be rolling out the update to it this month. In the coming months, I'm gonna just upgrade to a dedicated tablet for the Spark anyway, so I may just go ahead and download 10 on the Pixel tonight.

I didn't want to spend the extra money but buying my used iPad MIni 4 seems to have been a good decision for me. And I don't like Apple products either. It is my dedicated tablet for DJI Go4. Well, I did add a few more apps. :rolleyes: :) I'm sure that the used ones are a lot cheaper these days.

Reactions: SoccerRef12

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fulavio