Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

can you buy a empty vr headset and put your 6" screen phone in it as a better alternative to anything from DJI both price and graphics wise?

Most people that post a link to Ebay, it never goes to what you, the poster is seeing on the web page.

Although I do see the word "Bluetooth" in the link and that is a no go for Spark.
Bluetooth signals interfere with the operations of the Spark.

I would look into CAVU.

There is a free version available in the Play Store but has a flight time of 5 minutes unless purchased.
Less than $15 USD.

Good Luck.

Reactions: skinwalker
what does it do? how is it different than just a headset that holds a phone (isnt that all we need?)

Most people that post a link to Ebay, it never goes to what you, the poster is seeing on the web page.

Although I do see the word "Bluetooth" in the link and that is a no go for Spark.
Bluetooth signals interfere with the operations of the Spark.

I would look into CAVU.

There is a free version available in the Play Store but has a flight time of 5 minutes unless purchased.
Less than $15 USD.

Good Luck.

Just putting the phone in a set of goggles won't give you the split screen stereo vision needed for flight.

It has been awhile since I used the free version but the Spark is still being controlled through the Go4 app but CAVU takes the telementry and puts it in the goggles.

I have a Samsung S7, gear 360 camera and the goggles too. I had to purchase an app called play cardboard to cancel the auto start up of Oculus in the goggles.

It use to be in the Play Store but has been removed but is still available elsewhere.

Just putting the phone in a set of goggles won't give you the split screen stereo vision needed for flight.

It has been awhile since I used the free version but the Spark is still being controlled through the Go4 app but CAVU takes the telementry and puts it in the goggles.

I have a Samsung S7, gear 360 camera and the goggles too. I had to purchase an app called play cardboard to cancel the auto start up of Oculus in the goggles.

It use to be in the Play Store but has been removed but is still available elsewhere.
so are you saying one eye has the gps view the over the camera view withthe CAVU app? also need the goggles or why does the hardware part matter? or do you have a camera view (CELL PHONE) and the drone camera/gps view? Why do you need the cell phones camera view if so? Just flip up the goggles?

It has a PIP (Picture in picture) ability so that you can have VLOS and heads up display.

Download the free version and check it out.

You can mess around with it but as soon as you start the Spark motors, the 5 minute timer starts.
If you don't power up the motors, the timer doesn't run so you can have time to adjust the screens to your liking.

I suppose you could stick your phone in a pair of safety goggles to hold it to your head but you don't have the optic lenses of the VR headset to focus your eyes on the screen.

Reactions: skinwalker
Just putting the phone in a set of goggles will work just fine if you use Litchi. Just press the "mask" or "goggle" looking icon in the upper right corner of the screen and it will split the screen and give you the view shown in the 2nd picture. It certainly isn't the display quality of dji goggles, but the phone holder goggles cost $5 at WalMart.Litchi1.jpgLitchi2.jpg

Reactions: rich777
I bought a pair of cheapo goggles from Lidl at €9.99, obviously not super quality, but I was curious to see if they worked. And they do.

Used with Litchi in FPV mode they're great - for the price. I use them with my iPhone 6.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ariadef