Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Blockchain

Jim Bow

Join
Jun 15, 2018
I get a tech newsletter every day. I usually don't ever read it, but today's was a about blockchain and drones. I don't fully understand it, but basically blockchain logs and uses every digital transaction and makes it available for all to see and use. For instance, when you launch your drone, everyone in the world would be notified, every turn every altitude change, etc. Why? Every other drone or aircraft would be notified. Depending on priorities, your drone could be forced away or allowed to proceed. Your drone would be stopped automatically at everyone fly zone.
There are tons of privacy issues, for instance videos and pics would be available to all.
It's coming, folks, it's a major part of delivery-by-drone and human carrying UAVs.
Do a Google search for "blockchain drones"

You may not think so, but the FAA and ICAO are climbing on board. Those AI drones will need to know what else is in the air.

All I saw was them selling re-branded toy drones. Started in 2003? I don't see them as any kind of threat to the world and I would imagine that you are the only one in this forum that has heard of them... until now.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ariadef