Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

ATTI Mode

Frozen AK

Join
Jul 2, 2017
i have noticed my Spark goes into ATTI mode quite a bit. Typically with no obstructions between the controller and the Spark. It usually occurs when the spark is at 150-200 feet in height and only out about 300-500 feet in distance. Any suggestions on how to correct this? Or is ATTI mode something everyone else encounters?

Reactions: raiydeck
Do you have any messages before it switch to Atti mode?
Lack or poor GPS could be a reason. Issue with the compass or others could be also possible. But normally you should have seen a message. Replaying the flight record could show you these messages if you miss them during the flight.

Reactions: His415
IMG_0249.PNG IMG_0248.PNG
Do you have any messages before it switch to Atti mode?
Lack or poor GPS could be a reason. Issue with the compass or others could be also possible. But normally you should have seen a message. Replaying the flight record could show you these messages if you miss them during the flight.

So this is what it said in the above pics. I have 19 satellites and a clear line of sight. Do you think this is a drone calibration issue? Or something else?

I would for sure do a compass calibration in a good environment, open field, no metallic object nearby.
For the IMU message, it could be related to the compass issue. A calibration could be not bad too for the IMU, but heading is defined from compass and GPS when it moves.

I would for sure do a compass calibration in a good environment, open field, no metallic object nearby.
For the IMU message, it could be related to the compass issue. A calibration could be not bad too for the IMU, but heading is defined from compass and GPS when it moves.
Thanks for the help.

So this is what it said in the above pics. I have 19 satellites and a clear line of sight. Do you think this is a drone calibration issue? Or something else?
I also notice that even though you have 19 sattelites, you have a "Weak GPS signal" warning in the first screenshot and no bars next to the sattelite icon.

Are you flying with phone/tablet or RC? If RC, are you orienting the antennas correctly towards the AC?

Cheers
Morten

I only had my Spark switch to Atti when steering it indoors, or under a roof or tree.
A few Sparks have suddenly flewn away and typically crashed. This is believed to be a hardware issue with few samples. When it happened, the Spark almost always switched to Atti right before it went haywire. So I would be cautious.

I also notice that even though you have 19 sattelites, you have a "Weak GPS signal" warning in the first screenshot and no bars next to the sattelite icon.

Are you flying with phone/tablet or RC? If RC, are you orienting the antennas correctly towards the AC?

Cheers
Morten
I'm flying with RC, and antennas are pointed towards the spark when flying.

Antenna should be perpendicular to the direction to the Spark, not pointing to it.

Reactions: vash_km
I'm flying with RC, and antennas are pointed towards the spark when flying.
Try pointing the remote controller antennas like this:

Reactions: ahhyeah

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndrewDatcu