Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Anyone having issues with iOS12 and 4.3.3?

I went for my first flight with this combination this morning since upgrading early in the week, my video was laggy, and choppy and its usually rock solid smooth on the iPhone 8plus. So I came in, rebooted the phone, put a fresh battery on the Spark and went back out. This time, even though I was following all the correct sequencing pre-flight, the phone kept disconnecting (I use OTG) from the aircraft... So, much annoyed, (also the wind came up making a flight less than desirable) I went and grabbed my Android tablet, Got the Spark in the air, no lag, all good... so made me wonder what the heck happened to the iPhone setup. I have one more OTG cable, going to try that if the weather improves. Was really looking forward to catching some of the emerging fall colour in the forest.... I have one flight I have not checked yet on the SD card. The cached video was as choppy as the lag I was experiencing, which makes sense.

Anyone else having any issues with iOS 12 and 4.3.3 on an iPhone?

never upgrade to 12 people have problems with it and dji apps/.// reformat your sd card get rid of old files... that seems to help...also if you want smoother video dont record audio along with the cache or dont record cache... dji app is booggged down with resource hogs its a huge app 250mb and thats huge for a app... i think dji forces this issue or puts code deep in the app to tell drones to mess up after a year so that you go buy another drone from them a better one like phantom...dji has proven it does not care about us only about profits... and its bottom line.... first how the hell did they not include frequneiciy hopping in it... i can go buy a 100 radio from ebay and it have spread spectrum hopping on 2.4 so theres never interferance...fsss for you futaba fans... but no they left it regular 2.4. and regular 5.8 i think thats the main problem 2.4 is saturated we need another freq that no one uses but the fcc hogs all the channels and wont let us use ham channels without a license a bunch of bs so if you want good transmission put on a 5.8 ghz camera on a 300mw one and fly with that

I went for my first flight with this combination this morning since upgrading early in the week, my video was laggy, and choppy and its usually rock solid smooth on the iPhone 8plus. So I came in, rebooted the phone, put a fresh battery on the Spark and went back out. This time, even though I was following all the correct sequencing pre-flight, the phone kept disconnecting (I use OTG) from the aircraft... So, much annoyed, (also the wind came up making a flight less than desirable) I went and grabbed my Android tablet, Got the Spark in the air, no lag, all good... so made me wonder what the heck happened to the iPhone setup. I have one more OTG cable, going to try that if the weather improves. Was really looking forward to catching some of the emerging fall colour in the forest.... I have one flight I have not checked yet on the SD card. The cached video was as choppy as the lag I was experiencing, which makes sense.

Anyone else having any issues with iOS 12 and 4.3.3 on an iPhone?
Nope... Took a few quick laps around my local soybean field, moderate winds, high humidity. Used iPhone 7, iPad Mini4, and best of all, an iPOD Touch (6th generation) with no issues. No OTG cable. Maps loaded into memory via WiFi before heading out. Using iOS 12 and Go4 - 4.3.3.

Before opening Go 4 I did a "soft" memory clear on each device. Hold down the [OFF] button. When the off-'slider' appears, (don't slide it off, instead) hold down the [Home] button until the home screen appears.

FWIW, when a new Go 4 version appears, I do a clean install. That means deleting the old app and completely installing a new version. (That will wipe out any cached videos, etc. so make sure you know what your trashing.) Doing this AND doing the memory clear thingie makes sure that no legacy code is hanging out in memory.

I appreciate the input, however, everyone's experience seems a little different, I am hoping to get out and fly this weekend after doing the fly safe database upgrade, some are saying once that is done, all is good again. Trouble is, mother nature graced us with rain all day today, and I have my first cold since April... *@#&^%#@ :p

Went for two flights today after doing the update, sure enough as soon as I powered up it said I had to update the fly safe dB, guess it might be a new one... I chose to ignore, aside from the lack of sun, the flights were flawless.
That sucks it wanted to update db again, but glad it seems to fly with better video now.
I have done multiple flights on multiple days now since last week via go 4, litchi, and autopilot. All seemed to fly fine with no laggy video feed for me since. I hope it goes as well for you m8.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ariadef