Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Another noob question....

FlavorDave

Join
Mar 12, 2018
I solved my video lag issue by using an app killer and resetting my spare Android with a factory reboot. Now my video feed is clean and has no lag.

Until I try to record on the micro-sd card, that is.

When recording, the video feed becomes choppy with tons of lag. I can barely fly FPV this way. Turn off the recording and it's back to smooth video feed.

Does anyone know why this is? Does anyone know how to fix this?

Are you also saving a lower rez copy of your card content on your mobile Device?
Are you playing the cached copy or the SD card original. After getting home did you play the SD original after downloading it to your PC/ Mac?

Are you also saving a lower rez copy of your card content on your mobile Device?
Are you playing the cached copy or the SD card original. After getting home did you play the SD original after downloading it to your PC/ Mac?

I'm not saving video to the phone, at least I don' think so. I went into the app settings and put the cache down to 1g and turned on the auto clear cache function. It was suggested in another thread that the cache be turned off completely, but I can't see any way to do so. These changes seemed to have solved the issue, but I'd still like to turn off the cache.

2377687A-D611-4439-A97F-B62E2357E7DC.png View attachment 4151
I'm not saving video to the phone, at least I don' think so. I went into the app settings and put the cache down to 1g and turned on the auto clear cache function. It was suggested in another thread that the cache be turned off completely, but I can't see any way to do so. These changes seemed to have solved the issue, but I'd still like to turn off the cache.
Yes by all means. It really helps with slower devices. Mine is the ipad mini4 and I still chose to turn caching off. But I do run a screen recorder. A great tool to have to review one’s mistakes and triumphs.

There is no slider on Android. I found another thread suggesting that it can't be turned off on an Android device, only Apple.

Oh my God! I never knew that. Why would the Go4App be different from brand to brand.
This is definitely going to take an Android user to help.
You are using the latest Go4App then?
Hmm. There has to be a way.
Start a new thread, and call it.
How To Turn Off the Video Cache On An Android Device?

Oh my God! I never knew that. Why would the Go4App be different from brand to brand.
This is definitely going to take an Android user to help.
You are using the latest Go4App then?
Hmm. There has to be a way.
Start a new thread, and call it.
How To Turn Off the Video Cache On An Android Device?

Yes, I'm using the latest version. So far, dropping the cache to 1g and turning on the auto clear seems to have worked. Thanks for your help, just the same.

Yes, thanks.

That's how mine is set up as well. I assumed "cache to sd card" meant the Spark sd card, not the Android's.

Sorry to jump on your thread, I can see people screen shotting the settings screen.

Is the only way to access the settings with my Spark switched on?

I would love to have the time to go through the settings and set things up but I only seem to have access when my Spark is powered up with all lights flashing!

Sorry to jump on your thread, I can see people screen shotting the settings screen.

Is the only way to access the settings with my Spark switched on?

I would love to have the time to go through the settings and set things up but I only seem to have access when my Spark is powered up with all lights flashing!

Unfortunately that's the way it is.

You even have to power it up to fly in the simulator, even though not flying.

Reactions: MannyCAM2001
I solved my video lag issue by using an app killer and resetting my spare Android with a factory reboot. Now my video feed is clean and has no lag.

Until I try to record on the micro-sd card, that is.

When recording, the video feed becomes choppy with tons of lag. I can barely fly FPV this way. Turn off the recording and it's back to smooth video feed.

Does anyone know why this is? Does anyone know how to fix this?
Maybe you shoul check your |SD Card, there is Recomendation and explanation for Sd UHC Card which you shoul use for Spark.
Just my opinion and here are some info for SD cards which you can find also on DJI site.SD Card for Spark.jpg

Does anyone have there Spark on, and charging at the same time? Or is this a no no?

The first time I powered the Spark on I took about 5 minutes to go through the settings to familiarise myself, when I finally picked it up to take it outside and fly it I realised that it was quite hot!

This is normal I take it?

Does anyone have there Spark on, and charging at the same time? Or is this a no no?

The first time I powered the Spark on I took about 5 minutes to go through the settings to familiarise myself, when I finally picked it up to take it outside and fly it I realised that it was quite hot!

This is normal I take it?

Yes, the spark with limited airflow around it will get warm. There is an internal fan on the processor but out flying with props washing over it keeps it cooler.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayitsomar